I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia

State and local government assistance programs.
Glass One
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia

Post by Glass One »

Hello, I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have had this condition for about 6 years and cannot afford my medications...I also have bipolar disorder and cannot afford those medications I was diagnosed about 9 years ago. I live in Hereford TX 79045...I do not have insurance.
TimesofNY

Re: I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia

Post by TimesofNY »

Need help with temporary keeping up with rent. Went bankrupt and have fibromyalgia. Federal and state taxes garnishes right after. Have 2 young kids one being autistic. I have a genetic disease called ankylosis splonditis, hypothyroid, fibromyalgia, and major anxiety issues. I don't know what to do.
We lost one rental house during the bankruptcy. They garnish my husband check for that rental house and I can't handle this all over again. Someone please help or tell me wherever I can get it. I'm sinking and never had the good feeling of stability even for everyday bills :(
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia

Post by Admin »

We do have a program that can provide medications for this condition. It can be found here, under fibromyalgia assistance programs. BiPolar is also another condition in which there is treatment for and medications, as we know people who have this condition and are doing well but it does need to be treated.
Glass One wrote:Hello, I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have had this condition for about 6 years and cannot afford my medications...I also have bipolar disorder and cannot afford those medications I was diagnosed about 9 years ago. I live in Hereford TX 79045...I do not have insurance.
Bilbo

Re: I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and need help

Post by Bilbo »

Dear Mr Mc Namara
I am disabled with lupus rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia and have been unable to work for some time. I finally received my SSI/SSDI in 2020 after being denied several times over a 5-year period. Unfortunately, I am just shy of my full credits, so I am only entitled to a little more than $943 a month. So sad that fibromyalgia so hard to get approved for disability. Previous to this I cared for my elderly parents unpaid until their respective deaths in 2012. In 2013 I lost my home but was able to move to an apartment. It was a friend, so I had a bit of leeway on the rent.
I didn't know what to do to get help and was suffering from severe depression and trying to battle to get out of bed long story short my neighbor had to loan me $3 to get to social services after she explained how to use the bus and read the schedule. I was humiliated being in this situation.
Once arriving there I was subjected to more humiliation since the case worker didn't believe I needed assistance. She required me to prove all medical and dental records and multiple letters about my condition from several Dr. They became aggravated over filling out what they deemed unbelievable multiple requests once the original was submitted clarifying this and that. I provided unpaid RGE and rent receipts I didn't care if the $ went straight to the landlord as she ( the worker) didn't trust I would use it for the intended purpose. I even had to contact a cemetery in Massachusetts to have them provide assurance that indeed my family did have a multiple plot purchased in 1957 and there were indeed 2 places left.
The worker gave me little time to provide what was asked for and several times ignored I was there in the waiting room saying I was a no show. It didn't help my situation when after being denied I exercised my right to call for fair hearings and she was forced to comply in my favor. I tried to attend the workshop for employment even though a social security lawyer told them I wasn't required along with drug and alcohol counseling from which the intake coordinator turned me away.
The list goes on and on. Yes I was from Pittsford yes I have a college degree and yes I have an autoimmune disease that allows me to look fine even though I am ready to die and she believed then and probably still to this day will tell whatever worker I am speaking with that I'm a scammer she has spoken loud enough in "private" that people in NJ could hear her. Anyway, I’m not telling you this for sympathy and no I didn't speak with a supervisor scared I would lose the medical and food support I received.
I currently live with a widow who is disabled herself . She took me in after I was evicted from my apartment, I couldn't pay the rent and the landlord carried me for longer than most. I don't pay rent to Linda but share the expenses with her. She receives a little more than $1400 a month from social security. She has no savings or financial accounts. Prior to his death her husband developed a heroin addiction after being addicted to pain pills for many years and sold many items and drained the savings. Unfortunately, he also gave up doing maintenance around the home. She was even forced to take out a reverse mortgage in order to bury her husband.
She has been scammed 3 times I know of twice losing her monthly SS check. The last time the kindly gentleman was going to give her money to help with her bills with nothing in return was because she sounded like a sweet lady, and it pained his heart to hear of her troubles. UM that's a hard no from me but... Of course, he got the bank account information and her social security and used the information to file a fake tax return and take out credit card. This has caused us problems with the state and local tax offices by losing the star program and owing NYS $5000+ since the return was a ridiculous amount over what she has been receiving for years, I would assume someone should have questioned it In fact she doesn't file tax returns she's not required to her yearly income is below the minimum. Again, I'm not telling you this for sympathy, I'm giving you the backstory.
We need help, I'm not sure where to turn and I know we will have an issue with the county D office. Her insurance company wouldn't pay after the water heater went kaput and she has mold in the finished basement where I l hat needs to be taken care of. Fortunately, we were able to afford the WH and another roommate who was living here at the time was able to install it.
A portion of the garage roof is in need of emergency repair before it caves in. We had to purchase an Emeril small electric oven from a secondhand marketplace because her gas oven no longer heats thank God the burners still work.
A side door needs to be removed as it was damaged in a windstorm and then to make matters worse, we locked ourselves out one afternoon, so the fire department broke in the main door ,pls don't ask how we secure it.
Everyone has the best intentions for for people with fibromyalgia like us except when it comes to helping us with projects. Contractors and electricians are expensive so I'm going to try to repair the door myself so we can close and lock it properly and try to repair the broken wooden bench on the front porch. There are issues I have no clue about I'm not sure how much I can physically do or how much Google and Home Depot can get me through like flooring and driveways.
I had a license revocation in 2006. I paid all the court fees, but I have come to find out that there is still a lot of money which is probably accruing interest that needs to be paid above what I already paid to the court. I didn't have the money in 2006 to get my license back, now I have to go through the rig a roll of testing not to mention the expenses.
I have been using old employment ID's and my social services card for ID. Of course, I am very limited now with fibromyalgia because I need a smart license for almost everything.
To make things worse Linda is not the best driver and she continues to get worse Good Friday I was driving us home... I know. The combination of a road rage driver traveling close to me so I couldn't slow down to take a turn to get to the thruway and forcing me to quickly pull to the side to get out of his way got the attention of the police he considered it unsafe driving. I received a ticket for unlicensed driving although we tried to explain trying to pay for my learning permit and road test was too expense and her medical issues some of which were causing her difficulties at that present time making it unsafe for her to drive a no go. She was having severe pains in her legs, and we wanted to return to Rochester from Corfu. I have a court appointment now. NYS told me in 2018 that I would have to pay all the back $ but could theoretically take the permit test and road test and have my license in a couple weeks once the financial conditions are met. How can I do that ?
I would love to Instacart or door dash or even fill the orders at Aldis or Wegmans nothing too taxing and part time, the little extra could go a long way. But between food for us snap( isn't keeping up with inflation) and car and pet expenses and utilities we are stretched thin. Is there help with the NYS department of mv for low-income people I didn't know anything about this. Someone told me there might be one out there I would have gotten the license returned 18 yes ago.
I was able to procure a washer from a NYS program unfortunately it does not cover ovens and was sympathetic that the indoor air conditioning compressor had also died. We had to buy an air conditioner it was a medical necessity. We received 1 from heap but we have a house and need it in more than 1 area. We were trying to save for a portable air conditioner and dehumidifier for sale on the marketplace. Of course, something always comes up.
Anyway, I'm sure you think I'm looney by now, as fibromyalgia can make one do that too. People tell me there are programs that help with problems like ours and people on disability with fibromyalgia. But where? And who, there are all these fake scams out there and trust me when I say she has contacted them before I shut her down. I'm sure legitimate programs are not on Facebook and home warranty programs don't cover past programs and are another monthly expense.
I came across an article you wrote and thought maybe you could direct me to the right places and people. I understand we have multiple issues spanning different problems areas so I’m sure a one stop phone# isn’t available.
I don't want to lose the house because we would have to give up our pets and we can't afford renin a safe area. The town as well as our neighbors fortunately has turned a blind eye but that can't go on forever.
Thus, significant stress is contributing to worsening health issues. If you don't know whom to contact could you at least tell me whom I could get some information from you seem to be knowledgeable in the area.
I know I should contact DSS but given my past issues you can understand. I’m even having issues recertifying her Medicaid which invalidated her Medicare advantage program when it expired unfortunately, we didn't receive a notice it needed to be redone. That's another loss of $ for necessary incontinence products and her prescriptions that have been denied for in Feb and March and had to pay out of pocket for. At least I was able to get her traditional united healthcare back.
I tried to call DSS. after 4 wks. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt of more applications given the economic times, but no one called me back. I don't understand how difficult to comprehend it is, no money and no bank accounts generally mean we aren't hiding our fortune in the litter box.
Thank you for your attention and consideration. I know this is extensive, but everything seems to be happening at the same time. And I am at my wits end and at a loss of where to turn. Hopefully you can shine a light for me.