Help with Rent and Electric in Southern WI

State and local government assistance programs.
Brettsmommy10
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with Rent and Electric in Southern WI

Post by Brettsmommy10 »

I live in Green County, WI and I am looking to see if there are any programs out there to help me and family with rent and electric. Me and my Fiancé have been laid off from our jobs and have been looking and applying to other jobs, but nothing will hire us. We have a17 month old boy and are about to kicked out of our home and also electric turned off. If anyone knows of anything that we can do that might helps us, please let me know. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with Rent and Electric in Southern WI

Post by Admin »

For help with energy bills, try the Keep Wisconsin Warm Fund (KWWF). The KWWF program was created to help provide energy bill assistance to low income people and other who are struggling. www.esiwi.com/kwwfdefault.htm

For rent help and more utility bill help, call ADVOCAP, Inc. , the community action agency at (920) 922-7760 . They have a homless prevention program, and sometimes access to funds for energy bills. At the least they should be able to refer you to other agencies as well. What is your utility company?
Brettsmommy10

Post by Brettsmommy10 »

my electric company is alliant energy.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Alliant Energy offers its customers the Hometown Care Energy Fund. Funds are available to help low-income families heat their homes and pay utility bills during the winter. Funds are administered and disbursed through your local, regional community action programs. Dial 1-800-255-4268
Medtronoc

Post by Medtronoc »

I am in serious of help paying my rent and past due water bill. I am a family of four. My husband works full time and I was working full-time but I was recently released from my job due to short term disability not approving 3 of my days and I wasn't at the job a full year due to my pregnancy being a threaten miscarriage. Please help us at this time of need. We are trying to figure everything out and we don't want to be evicted and we need water. We have two little girls and one the way please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Water can wait. The focus needs to paying your rent. There are agencies in Columbia County Wisconsin that can offer payment plans for utilities, so those are lower priority. However an eviction is more serious and can lead to homelessness. Find the Columbia County assistance programs.