Christmas help for homeless family

State and local government assistance programs.
Momsscolar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Christmas help for homeless family

Post by Momsscolar »

Hello, please help me this year I recently became homeless with my two boys 14 & 11 years old. I am a single parent struggling the last 3 years. I am surprised I asked for help and Salvation Army informed me that it’s too late to sign kids up for Christmas as the deadline is in September. I don't understand I had not planned for this to happen. It’s really embarrassing going anywhere I'm going to check out a homeless shelter in Stockton CA. Please help my boys and me this Christmas 2017.
Euro
anti spam: Blue

Re: Christmas help for homeless family

Post by Euro »

I'm in need of being able to get presents for Christmas for my family as I am homeless. I had no job and I had just moved back from Florida because I wasn't able to make it out there. I also have disabilities that I'm still trying to get all the benefits and help that I qualify for with the government.
I know that I'm not going to be able to receive such help until at least next year, and without even really being able to get employment because I have grandma seizures (about 5-8 daily), I'm in desperate need of help for Christmas. I'm also in need of housing help with getting a place of my own, and financial assistance.
I'm trying to start schooling online or if I'm able to attend in-class schooling then I'm trying to get a career started for myself so I don't have to always ask for help or rely on the government for housing or shelter help either. Thanks for taking time to read this and possibly even being able to help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The homeless can also apply for free Christmas presents for kids. Even sometimes the shelter will have a holiday program too. But either way a meal is almost always served at a shelter for Christmas well as Thanksgiving. They are not government run though....but charities. Good luck.
Euro wrote:I'm in need of being able to get presents for Christmas for my family as I am homeless. I had no job and I had just moved back from Florida because I wasn't able to make it out there. I also have disabilities that I'm still trying to get all the benefits and help that I qualify for with the government.
I know that I'm not going to be able to receive such help until at least next year, and without even really being able to get employment because I have grandma seizures (about 5-8 daily), I'm in desperate need of help for Christmas. I'm also in need of housing help with getting a place of my own, and financial assistance.
I'm trying to start schooling online or if I'm able to attend in-class schooling then I'm trying to get a career started for myself so I don't have to always ask for help or rely on the government for housing or shelter help either. Thanks for taking time to read this and possibly even being able to help.
Latricia

Post by Latricia »

Hello, I am interested in receiving Christmas help. I was recently homeless from August to mid-October and I never experienced anything like it. I was in between jobs and in July my landlord decided to sell the house I was renting I had no money saved which as a result I became homeless.
On October 17th I was finally able to get into an apartment with the help of Volunteers of America so I am grateful. I am working but I am still trying to get back on my feet. I would like my kids to still have a Merry Christmas so please let me know if I can get assistance for your organization. Thanks.