Unemployed at Christmas

State and local government assistance programs.
Croft
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Unemployed at Christmas

Post by Croft »

I was laid off of work last year while recovering from surgery. My income dropped from 2800 annual to 0. I've applied for SSI and have a hearing coming up next month. The severity of my health aches and pains have hindered me I some possible jobs. However I have night had much luck on job offers. I'm unable to get my 3 children anything for Christmas but the biggest needs are.... The house that a family member had allowed us to stay in currently has no gas and most recently the ester just got turned off as well.
The pier bill arrangement is 300 minute dollars due on the 27th and I'm unable to pay that also. I we needing given s few hundreds a month and that's been going on the power. The ester bill had maxed 1000 dollars due to unknown at the time plumbing issued with possible leaking or busted pipe. Thought the issue was fixed and credit adjustments would be made. Didn't happen. The had bill is about 500 to get turned back on.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unemployed at Christmas

Post by Admin »

You should tell your 3 children you are going through a hardship and Christmas will be sparse..or non-existent. Be honest if your income is zero and you were laid off. At the same time, try this for Christmas assistance in Houston, as maybe their are some charities or groups that will help your kids. But register early as the toys go quickly.
Croft wrote:I was laid off of work last year while recovering from surgery. My income dropped from 2800 annual to 0. I've applied for SSI and have a hearing coming up next month. I'm unable to get my 3 children anything for Christmas but the biggest needs are..ac
Mary Smith

Post by Mary Smith »

I have just moved here from Ohio and have fall in on hard times as I lost my job. My mother who helps me is terminally I'll and I find myself stuck without anything for my children for Christmas.
I'm just trying to keep the water on as we have no one here in Georgia. My mother is in Ohio. I'm afraid I'm going to lose her. A neighbor gave us a Christmas tree but I have nothing to put under it. I am ashamed and embarrassed an kind of scared I have a house and the cost of bills has me in panic mode. I have less than 12 days.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try these programs in Georgia for free holiday toys, meals, and more. Read more.
But apply now. As the window will close soon. As the demand is high and toys go quickly.
Mary Smith wrote:My mother who helps me is terminally I'll and I find myself stuck without anything for my children for Christmas.
I'm just trying to keep the water on as we have no one here in Georgia.