Grandparent programs

State and local government assistance programs.
S_Berner
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Grandparent programs

Post by S_Berner »

Please help my husband lost his job again. Before losing that job his pay had been cut 40%. Unfortunately it caused us to get behind on our bills. He has found a new job 2 hours away. He gets paid once a month. Which makes getting caught up before things get shut off impossible.
We are grandparents to 2 beautiful little girls ages 4 and 1. I have been blessed with being able to care for them since my daughter went back to work after they were born. The pay isn't a lot but the rewards are plenty. We are struggling financially at the moment.
My husband leaves the house at 5 am he doesn't get home until 7:30 pm. We only have 1 car so I'm unable to get a job outside the home. We've done everything possible to lower our bills. We had to sell our home after 9/11 because the company he worked for was losing business.
He was in the transportation business and people weren't doing a lot of traveling then. And have rented ever since. We tried trading in our car to lower monthly payments with no luck. Life has been very hard on us and our daughters. My youngest had been assaulted by a stranger that required surgery on her face she also had lived thru an attempted * and PTSD. We need a break and I'm not sure where else to turn. The stress has become unbearable. On top of all of this my mother in laws health is not good after a heart attack 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure how much more my husband and I can take. Thank you for help any help you can give us.
Lunchlady

Re: Grandparent programs

Post by Lunchlady »

Hi my name is Brittnee and my brother I have been approved for a home for us and his four year old daughter in Brentwood, California. They would like us to move in by August 23rd but we don't have all of the Move-in deposit which is a total of $9,000 but we have $2,500. We are just trying to get housing closer to our job and from my brother to be closer to his daughter. We currently stay with our grandparents who also need help from housing which we are grateful but are ready to branch out on our own.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grandparent programs

Post by Admin »

There are several rent and housing assistance programs in California, including Brentwood in LA County. Not sure if any focus on grandparents, kids moving, etc. but you can look. Find them her at California rental assistance.
Lunchlady wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:08 am Hi my name is Brittnee and my brother I have been approved for a home for us and his four year old daughter in Brentwood, California.