My baby died

State and local government assistance programs.
Tran
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My baby died

Post by Tran »

Hi,
I am recently not working due to loss of my 9 week old baby. I am a registered nurse who works in labor and delivery, pediatrics, special care nursery and postpartum units. Having used all of my earned time for maternity leave, I have no time to use now. And mentally and emotionally, I cannot return to work right now. Yet I cannot afford to stay home, is there any assistance I may qualify for?
Spoke with SSI and they said they don't cover short term disability. My plan is to get to work as soon as I am physically and mentally able, but I've had no income since 12/2/12. I am married and my husband works, but we still have a 2 year old at home, and hospital bills, bills, etc. Can you tell me or direct me to where I might be able to seek assistance during this time? Thank you in advance!
Donald Trump
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: My baby died in New Orleans

Post by Donald Trump »

My 4 year old son went into cardiac arrest on January 26th, 2024. He was rushed to the St. Mary's Pediatric Oshnear's back home in Shreveport, Louisiana and he died. The doctors their were unable to provide the treatment and knowledge of his condition so he was emergency air lifted to Oshnear's in New Orleans on Jefferson highway. He was on life support for almost a week, he had to undergo open heart surgery and thankfully received a pacemaker due to his heart not working properly after cardiac arrest. My son is still needing care from the PICU here in New Orleans and doctors are unsure when he will be able to be released to go back home to Shreveport, Louisiana. My baby then died a few weeks later.
I am a single mom, I am in college to further my education to provide a better life for my boys.
I am trying to find some sort of housing assistance for a low income family for a couple of months after losing my baby.
Please get back with me.