Tumor

State and local government assistance programs.
Alyssia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Tumor

Post by Alyssia »

Good Morning, I would like some information of someone to contact and meet with for assistance with my daughter. In December 2015 she was diagnosed with a tumor in her spinal cord and would require very delicate surgery with the future much in suspense. Being a single mother with no long term disability and no income all her financial needs cannot be met by her.
She lives in a house, has cell phone, car etc. all the normal financial obligations that a person has as a daily means. I am 72 years old. I have lost my husband in the past 2 months and have some savings however I cannot afford to assist her for a long term. She was at Beth Israel for surgery and is currently at Northeast Rehab at the local hospital. We are thrilled that she took a couple of assisted steps this week. It will be a long road.
Everyone tells me there is lots of help for her but I have no idea where to start. Is there anyone I could contact to review her situation and apply for whatever help she is qualified for? I am applying for SSDI this week.
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Halperin

Re: Tumor

Post by Halperin »

Thank you for the information but the reason why I am writing is because I tried that already and it only comes up with resources in my city or state. I mentioned before that my husband has a stage 4 tumor, but we live in a small town in the country. There are NO resources in my town or anywhere near my town. We only have a community action (they don't help with rent), Salvation Army (already helped us with $200) and local churches which I've been to them all and with us being a small town they go off donations, they simply do not have the funds to help us...even being a cancer patient. Is there any other way of possibly getting help?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tumor

Post by Admin »

There are charities that offer help to cancer patients. Since she is a kid (we are so sorry to hear that) she may get priority .We have a list of the resources, charities, and even government programs on the site. Find them, and locate cancer assistance programs.