Seeking food from pantry and government in Ohio

State and local government assistance programs.
Ugochukwu Asuai
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Seeking food from pantry and government in Ohio

Post by Ugochukwu Asuai »

Thanks, for answering so quickly. We live in Zanesville, Ohio. We signed up for food stamps, they gave us $16.00 a month, they failed to consider our rent, etc. Our food bank is a church and don't give 2 people much. Around this area it seems if you don't have children, the older don't receive much assistance what-so-ever. Any help would be great fully needed, I am trying some the websites, but seem to be having problems with the sites.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Seeking food from pantry and government in Ohio

Post by Admin »

Food banks do not only help people with kids. That is just not true. Maybe try another pantry in Ohio. Also, food stamps was never meant to provide a ton of money...so $16 per month is not unheard of. It is based on income, whether you should be working or not, etc. Do you have a job? If not, get one as the job market is booming. Also find other pantries in Ohio. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... banks.html
Ugochukwu Asuai wrote:Thanks, for answering so quickly. We live in Zanesville, Ohio. We signed up for food stamps, they gave us $16.00 a month, they failed to consider our rent, etc. Our food bank is a church and don't give 2 people much. Around this area it seems if you don't have children, the older don't receive much assistance what-so-ever. Any help would be great fully needed, I am trying some the websites, but seem to be having problems with the sites.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I am in Ohio.
I live in a single home have two children ages 1 and 3 and am with child haven’t been able to pay rent in a year and we need food for the home too. By the grace of god have not been evicted but I know it’s close and I am due to have my baby in September 22 and I fear I may not have my home for that long. Much less baby food for the new kid.. This has never happened before and I thought I could get a hold on it but at this point I don't know what to do.
Tommy Boy

Post by Tommy Boy »

I was employed for about three months but lost my job due to not having a reliable baby sitter. I finally found one, but after being late so many times in a row to work, they ended my employment. I am out of food, had shut off notices on my utilities and figured I'd have more time to come up with my rent than I did for those. Then after I paid them, I learned your utilities can't be shut off during the winter... So I basically wasted my money.
That was my entire last check. I have nothing for my rent and with Easter coming up, I'm extremely worried we will end up in a homeless shelter. I have two boys, seven and 6 months old. We've used Saint Vincent De Paul and Salvation Army already this year. My boyfriend and I are recovering addicts with 7 months clean, which we are very proud of. I feel like we have gone too far to just roll over and give up. Are there any other places around the Springfield, Ohio, region that can help? We've also had help through PRC before specifically for rent and their food pantry. I feel like we've exhausted all of our options. But I heard the Red Cross may be able to help? Thank you so much for any help you can provide.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, there are many free food pantries in Springfield Ohio. We are not sure about the Red Cross....normally they only help in a disaster. But sure, try them for assistance, food, meals, and basic needs.
Tommy Boy wrote:Are there any other places around the Springfield, Ohio, region that can help? We've also had help through PRC before specifically for rent and their food pantry. I feel like we've exhausted all of our options. But I heard the Red Cross may be able to help? Thank you so much for any help you can provide.
Zimmer

Post by Zimmer »

I live in Coshocton county, Ohio. Because of being sick and other reasons, I have not been able to work much the past year and I struggle to get food. I have two children at home with me. One is 12 and one is 15. My 12 year old son has a very rare disease that weakens his immune system and he also is handicapped from it so we need expensive food or help from a pantry. We try to quarantine as much as possible because of this and that is a reason I have not been working much to avoid exposure for him. He also now needs a very extensive back surgery ASAP so I will need to be home with him 24/7 to take care of him during the few months recovery. I am months behind on my grocery budget and need to know if I can get assistance from a food pantry around here in Ohio. I am facing hunger.