Support for housing and other bills for MS patient

State and local government assistance programs.
Ebonee
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Support for housing and other bills for MS patient

Post by Ebonee »

We are needing assistance. My boyfriends was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last year and forced on a medical leave pending some testing. The Doctor recommended him not return to work and try and for social security disability. We are a year into the process and on a second appeal. His lawyer says we may be looking at a year before he even gets a court date with the possibility of being denied again.
His short term disability for the MS through his former employer ended in January. We found out around that time that we are expecting our first child. We are due November 23rd. Our current lease is up February of next year. We are struggling to stay afloat on my income alone and it will only get harder come November. We need a cheaper place to live and on top of it rent will increase come February.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Support for housing and other bills for MS patient

Post by Admin »

The disability application process is long, most people get denied one or two times if not more, and there are no guarantees. The fact is there is a ton of fraud in the system, and disability is by far the biggest. So even though it is more challenging to get, there are still too many people collecting disability and should not be. That being said, MS seems a good reason to get it. Provided it has been verified from a doctor, prevents work, etc. We have tips here, and read more filing for disability.
Ebonee wrote:We are needing assistance. My boyfriends was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last year and forced on a medical leave pending some testing. The Doctor recommended him not return to work and try and for social security disability. We are a year into the process and on a second appeal. His lawyer says we may be looking at a year before he even gets a court date with the possibility of being denied again.
His short term disability for the MS through his former employer ended in January. We found out around that time that we are expecting our first child. We are due November 23rd. Our current lease is up February of next year. We are struggling to stay afloat on my income alone and it will only get harder come November. We need a cheaper place to live and on top of it rent will increase come February.