US Air force Veteran

State and local government assistance programs.
Michelle berryhill
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

US Air force Veteran

Post by Michelle berryhill »

PLEASE READ, it is a bit long but I am only trying to disclose everything and inform of all updates, progresses, setbacks, etc. If you have ANY additional questions please feel more than free to ask.
US Air Force Civil Engineer veteran/sole provider and family.
Our family has come upon very hard times and is in need of assistance. I went on medical disability leave from work and thought it would me a short absence, I have now been unable to be cleared to return to work still to this day. It is turning out to be what the main doctor believes to be an auto immune disorder but the VA recently also submitted a request for service connected disability, however responses on those can take up to a year.
This past week one of my doctors did a procedure on my neck which involved making an incision and cauterizing 3 separate nerves in order to eliminate the daily migraine portion of it. Also between the pain levels, insomnia due to chronic pain, and the mass prescriptions I am on they performed a neuropsych eval and determined that my short term memory as well as further cognitive memory has been significantly deteriorated therefore I still am unable to be cleared to return to work. We have reached a point where we have exhausted all emergency funds and are also at a point where my short term disability has expired and we are still waiting to hear from the insurance company on if their clinical board approves my long term disability benefits. So at this point we have had zero income coming in for nearly 4 weeks and are still unsure if they will approve the long term or even how much longer it will be before they make a final decision.
It has finally reached a breaking point stress wise in our family, which now has myself in a situation where I only want what is best for my wife and daughters. It has worn on everyone and honestly has begun to drag them down with the same depression that has taken hold of me. I have been near bed ridden throughout this process and typically can only manage roughly 4 straight hours of any form of activity level, even if just trying to play with our girls. Recently the most difficult decision was made after over 7 months of this all and it was decided that it be best that I stay at my mother's home and allow there to be some time of separation to give my wife an opportunity to think and decide what may be best for her and our children, especially on an emotional level.
This has been a mess since it first started in August and here we are in March and now in limbo between the short term and long term. At this point our family consisting of myself the sole provider, my wife, and our 3 sons ages 1, 5 and 13 ask for any help that can be offered. The stress has grown and taken its toll on us all, and now there is a feeling of fear creeping in that is at a very high level. As a husband and father regardless of where I reside and regardless of whatever decision is made regarding our future, it is my responsibility and job to make sure they are still provided for and that they do not need to be scared or stress with financial matters.
This is the most difficult time we have ever faced as a family and the absolute hardest thing I have ever experienced with feeling the pain of knowing that I currently cannot provide for them, essentially at all levels. Again any help would truly be a miracle at this point and remove some of the fear of the constant living expenses adding up, with my family’s home and mortgage hanging over them, the usual utilities and gas expenses, food costs, and the nonstop growing pile of medical bills. For myself I know where I am, but I need to do everything possible to make sure they will be ok. The way my wife's friend set up the gofundme account all of the funds received are mailed directly to our home and to my wife, since they are my top priority and I can get by and have a place to stay at my mother's home. They are the most important thing to me in the world and my only main concern, and I only want what is best for them and to make sure they are taken care of.
Any info also appreciated!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: US Air force Veteran

Post by Admin »

Veterans do have a different, more streamlines process in place when apply for disability. As the doctor told you, the auto immune disorder will qualify you, so use that information on your medical condition from the doctor. As the disability can help you pay your bills while you continue to recover. Here are details. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... and_b.html
Speculative

Re: US Air force Veteran

Post by Speculative »

I am an Air Force veteran with a family of four. I recently lost my job and until the unemployment starts I am without income. My rent will be do in a couple of weeks and I need some help.
I am looking for a new job daily, but nothing has come about yet, any help will be appreciated.