SSI pay for bus passes

State and local government assistance programs.
Stressed Out
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

SSI pay for bus passes

Post by Stressed Out »

I would like to know if a person on SSI is eligible for the monthly bus pass. Rent and bills take all of the check, and need to get around town to doctor appointments and grocery shopping. This is for San Bernardino county, Victorville welfare office.
Arturo

Re: SSI pay for bus passes

Post by Arturo »

To Whom it May Concern,
I teach a local (free) vocational workshop in Orange County to assist local participants in getting back to work. Many of them are on SSI and need transportation - maybe a bus pass.
Lately, the participants with SSI are having difficulty obtaining an OCTA bus pass as they are not working at this time and do not have the money to obtain one without funds coming in. Are there any assistance for those needing a bus pass (to find work), and if so, where/ how can they apply?
Thank you so much for your help and I look forward to hearing from you soon,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: SSI pay for bus passes

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Generally, someone on SSI will be very low income, so probably qualify for charity programs including free bus passes. But in general, those vouchers or programs are free bus passes for work reasons. But look here for resources. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... asses.html
Arturo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:54 am To Whom it May Concern,
Lately, the participants with SSI are having difficulty obtaining an OCTA bus pass as they are not working at this time and do not have the money to obtain one without funds coming in. Are there any assistance for those needing a bus pass (to find work), and if so, where/ how can they apply?