Retired in Texas

State and local government assistance programs.
Ugochukwu Asuai
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Retired in Texas

Post by Ugochukwu Asuai »

Good evening:
I live Cypress Texas. I am 65 years of age and disabled by severe Asthma. My asthma is very bad. I retired in 2013 due to my health and have been working part-time from home since. However my work went away in October and I can't find anything.
I work from home because I can keep the air pure enough with HEPA air purifiers to stay out of the hospital. We are a family of three and we have a combined income of $2600 per month but it takes $4300 per month. I have been making up the difference from savings and putting things on credit cards. Disaster is about two months away.
My wife is 52 years and in poor health. In addition, her education level is 5th grade. She is a home maker and that is about the best she can do. My daughter is in her last year of college and I support her to. I am sure there are many ways to get assistance. We are all US citizens. I won't be able to pay any income tax this year. I have talked to the IRS and I think they are going to cut me some slack.
I have no real estate or other significant assets aside from my 2006 Chevy Malibu and personal belongings. Hopefully you folks can counsel me and assist me in finding the resources to avoid disaster. Please, I am overwhelmed! Very best regards,
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Retired in Texas

Post by Admin »

Try the agency on Aging center in Texas for help. The information is here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... aging.html
Maybe they can direct you to a HEPA air purifier, take care of your 52 year old wife, and maybe even help you get a better paying work from home job. The point being they offer support to retirees, seniors, and others.
Ugochukwu Asuai wrote:Good evening:
I live Cypress Texas. I am 65 years of age and disabled by severe Asthma. My asthma is very bad. I retired in 2013 due to my health and have been working part-time from home since. However my work went away in October and I can't find anything.
I work from home because I can keep the air pure enough with HEPA air purifiers to stay out of the hospital. We are a family of three and we have a combined income of $2600 per month but it takes $4300 per month. I have been making up the difference from savings and putting things on credit cards. Disaster is about two months away.
My wife is 52 years and in poor health. In addition, her education level is 5th grade. She is a home maker and that is about the best she can do. My daughter is in her last year of college and I support her to. I am sure there are many ways to get assistance. We are all US citizens. I won't be able to pay any income tax this year. I have talked to the IRS and I think they are going to cut me some slack.
I have no real estate or other significant assets aside from my 2006 Chevy Malibu and personal belongings. Hopefully you folks can counsel me and assist me in finding the resources to avoid disaster. Please, I am overwhelmed! Very best regards,