help to get back on track

State and local government assistance programs.
Post Reply
gynger01
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:53 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

help to get back on track

Post by gynger01 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:15 am

I am a 58 year old widow on SSDI. I have had doctor visits that have taken away money. I only make enough money to barely pay my bills. I try everything I can to keep my utility bills and my grocery bill asd low as possible. I have had 2 brain surgeries in the past several years. Since then I have to have MRI's at least once a year. I also had to have surgery to open up my throat to try to help with sleep apnea. I am on Medicare but the gas money, the copay and the cost of medicine comes out of my bill money. Each time I am late on my rent it costs me over $100 extra for late charges which puts me even further behind. I think I could make it if I could at least get help with my bills & rent for this month. Please email me at gyn [email protected] or call me at 214-854-5350. Thank you for your consideration.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: help to get back on track

Post by Admin » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 am

There are numerous programs and organizations that provide free health care, medications, and even people who can eliminate medical debts and bills. Here is a great resource. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _care.html

As far as a general guide for various Texas government and assistance programs, try this resource. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

jeana.tucci
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:27 pm
Location: NC

Re: help paying bills and debts to get back on track

Post by jeana.tucci » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:40 am

Hi my name is Christy and I need help with paying all of my bills and credit card debts. I need to know where to go. I have no income and my boyfriend has unemployment 700 mo. I live in Michigan and the state FIA said they can't help me. I'm disabled due to an auto accident. All bills a late have notice to turn off or cancel service. My mortgage company can't help me because I have no income. My credit card companies keep calling me on those bills. Please can someone help me? e Thank you

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: help paying bills and debts to get back on track

Post by Admin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Maybe try a debt settlement company. A professional can help you deal with your outstanding bills and debts. They may even be able to direct you toward various government programs to help with your mortgage and other bills.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ment_.html
Can provide more information on how these programs work.
jeana.tucci wrote:Hi my name is Christy and I need help with paying all of my bills and credit card debts. I need to know where to go. I have no income and my boyfriend has unemployment 700 mo. I live in Michigan and the state FIA said they can't help me. I'm disabled due to an auto accident. All bills a late have notice to turn off or cancel service. My mortgage company can't help me because I have no income. My credit card companies keep calling me on those bills. Please can someone help me? e Thank you

Brig10
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:55 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: help to get back on track

Post by Brig10 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 am

To whom it may concern:


My name is shirley and i am a single parent mother of two kids and working but still can't seem to make it could you please help with Christmas and some bill so this year will be a little better. Thanks a bunch my numbers. thanks so much due to medical issues and legal i have been in a constant battle it seems. I appreciate any help that you may give me during these tough times. Thanks again.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: help to get back on track

Post by Admin » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:15 pm

there are some programs that provide holiday and Christmas help, namely the salvation Army. They also focus on people with kids, so you may be able to qualify for aid. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/chr ... grams.html is a link for more info, such as Angel tree, meals, and other holiday programs.
Brig10 wrote:To whom it may concern:


My name is shirley and i am a single parent mother of two kids and working but still can't seem to make it could you please help with Christmas and some bill so this year will be a little better. Thanks a bunch my numbers. thanks so much due to medical issues and legal i have been in a constant battle it seems. I appreciate any help that you may give me during these tough times. Thanks again.

Geraldine
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: help to get back on track

Post by Geraldine » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:25 pm

To whom it may concern, My family and I are headed and already in some rough times. We have a baby boy due on the first of August, and i am having to take off work to tend to the baby and his mother. My fiance is currently a stay at home mom whom is in between school semesters. We are looking for assistance in payment of our full or partial rent. At this time anything would be helpful. If there is anything possible you or we can do to help our situation it would be a weight lifted off our shoulders and minds. Thank you and have a great rest of the day,

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: help to get back on track

Post by Admin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:30 am

Here is financial help in Buck County Pennsylvania. If you do have a baby then aid may be offered, as usually people with families get first dibs. Dial First Call for Help which can be reached at 215.949.1660. A couple other rent and housing programs include Tenant Action Group (call 215.575.0700) as well as South Lehigh Action Council (215.229.2801). Call them and ask for low income or housing for you and family.
Geraldine wrote:To whom it may concern, My family and I are headed and already in some rough times. We have a baby boy due on the first of August, and i am having to take off work to tend to the baby and his mother. My fiance is currently a stay at home mom whom is in between school semesters. We are looking for assistance in payment of our full or partial rent. At this time anything would be helpful. If there is anything possible you or we can do to help our situation it would be a weight lifted off our shoulders and minds. Thank you and have a great rest of the day,

Cadillac
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:30 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: help to get back on track

Post by Cadillac » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:33 am

not sure if you can help me but my husband and i work 40+ hours a week to insure our kids are taken care of a few months ago every thing went wrong for us one of our vehicles broke down and our bathroom we can not use hot water or it leaks everywhere i always donate to those in need never thought i would be one of them but i cant get my daughter shots or clothes for both my children i live in fayette county Kentucky and if could get some help financially it would be a big help i never had to do this before but i am desperate on this and have no where else to turn all i need is enough to fix the car and maybe get daughters things they need between 500-750 and i can pay back once back on our feet i just have no where else to turn at this point

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: help to get back on track

Post by Admin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:45 am

Food and clothes are usually easy to get, even in Fayette County Kentucky. Try a food pantry or clothing bank. Car repairs are harder to get, and maybe an agency like Salvation Army or your local church may have ideas. As far as an extensive listing of other agencies to call for help in Fayette County, use this link for information, phone numbers, and details. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/lex ... assis.html
There are many generous people out there, so I am sure you can find some financial assistance for bills and debts.
Cadillac wrote:not sure if you can help me but my husband and i work 40+ hours a week to insure our kids are taken care of a few months ago every thing went wrong for us one of our vehicles broke down and our bathroom we can not use hot water or it leaks everywhere i always donate to those in need never thought i would be one of them but i cant get my daughter shots or clothes for both my children i live in fayette county Kentucky and if could get some help financially it would be a big help i never had to do this before but i am desperate on this and have no where else to turn all i need is enough to fix the car and maybe get daughters things they need between 500-750 and i can pay back once back on our feet i just have no where else to turn at this point

Synthos
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:47 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: help to get back on track

Post by Synthos » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:20 am

I am short $377 for this month's rent which I have to pay tomorrow. My rent is $1692. If I don't pay the entire amount I will incur a late fee of $100 and have to pay within 3 days. That will make it $477. If I don't pay that (and I will not have enough money by then), I will have to go to court and have to pay their court costs. If I can't pay the court costs plus the amount of money I owe, they will evict me. I have a disability (use a wheelchair) but am not on disability (I work from home). I also owe them about $600 in water bills, which is treated like rent and they may initiate collection action if I don't pay the balance of this by the end of the month of April. Thank you.

SandyAla
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:13 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: help to get back on track

Post by SandyAla » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Hello,
I have recently located my children and I to Round Rock, TX. I have not been able to work since my son has become disabled. He is not allowed to go to daycare. The only thing we are surviving on is getting 396.00 a month from Social Security and 500 a month from their dad. My rent payment alone is 1100. We are left with nothing. I am trying to get some kind of certificate that allows me to work from home to make extra income to provide more for my kids. I was wondering if I could get some help with rent and utilities.
Thank you,

Ramsey
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:06 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: help to get back on track

Post by Ramsey » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:10 pm

I am at present in a difficult situation. I live with my 2 children, one is disabled, and the other stays home to help take care of me, due my illnesses and medications I am taking.

I lost my job in August, and am now having difficulty paying for rent, electric, utilities and other expenses; such as medications, repairs and car insurance. At present I receive $640.00 a month in unemployment, $189.00 in SNAP benefits. My son receives $47.00 in SNAP benefits, and $723.00 a month from SSDI. Everyday I thank the Lord for my blessings, and I don't like having to bother anyone for help, I know their are others worse off than we are. I've been able to keep up with everything until the past two months. I am 100.00 short on rent, the electric bill is $300 plus. I have nothing for car repairs, so I am borrowing cars. The two that hurt me the most is the rent of $755.00 a month, and the electric bill. This house is very old and the appliances are just as old and expensive too run. I would greatly appreciate any help, guidance or information that I could use. Thank you so much, and God Bless.

Miller
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:51 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: help to get back on track

Post by Miller » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:06 pm

I need help paying my rent while looking for a job. I am behind $184 and April's rent is about to be due. I am 3 months pregnant and I have a 1 year old and 12 year old that I was left alone to provide for. I’m also behind on my car payments if y'all have assistance for that but my main concern is my rent being paid and getting on track so my children and I do not lose our home.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: help to get back on track

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:01 am

There may be help for you, in reply to this message.
Miller wrote:I need help paying my rent while looking for a job.
Rent assistance may come from any number of places. The $184 you refer too is not too much money either. So maybe you can find what you need. We have a list of resources on the main site, and find how to get help with rent.

Post Reply