100 resumes and still no job

State and local government assistance programs.
WashingtonClev
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

100 resumes and still no job

Post by WashingtonClev »

I think I am the perfect candidate for the funds because as of April of this year I moved to a new location then 2 weeks into the new moved I lost my job so I applied for unemployment and still continued my job search. I've put in over 100 job applications, but I've only been interviewed for about 6 jobs out of 100 jobs that I've applied for. In the meantime my unemployment granted me $9,049 in May for the entire year. Which payed $834 every two weeks that covered my rent which is $790 plus $30 water included total amount $820 which left me with $14 until the next two weeks.
I've never giving up hope. I signed up for food stamps and they granted me and my family with $509 of food stamps thankful, but I was recently was denied because I was receiving child support in the amount of 340 a month for one of my children but as of July 30 2015 I received $120.00 which was my last payment due to his father losing his job. So I reported the change but it was already too late, no benefits where granted for the month of September Which brings me to my situation now.
I reapplied for food stamps for December But I was also informed that tomorrow 12/11/16 will be my last unemployment payment in the amount of $611. And with this check I was going to pay my light bill which is past due. I need to pay Me and my children life insurance policies; My car insurance as well as my cable bill. And people that I've borrowed money from. But I will not be able to pay any of that now because I'm thinking about my rent for next month me and my two children will be homeless if I don't get any help soon. I have a 7 year old son whose father is absent in his life. A 3 year old son whose father was murdered when he was 6 months old in which I can't get any benefits from because his father died young and he wasn't able to work enough quarters so my child was denied for SSI benefits. Recently I found out I'm expecting a new addition to my family. With no income. I'm so stressed out and in tears as I write this. But also in hope that someone reading this understands and has a heart to help others like me. I'm trying my best to provide for my family and every day I continue my job search that's why I think I'm the ideal candidate for funding.
faiz

Re: 100 resumes and still no job

Post by faiz »

Dear Team,
I was referred to you for possible help with my rent as well as a job. Is there an application or process I can submit? I have been unemployed for several months and have run out of Savings to handle the bills.
I live in Middle River, Baltimore County, Maryland, just outside of Baltimore City.
Additionally, I am participating in a State funded grant that will allow up to 90% reimbursement of my wages to an employer. I've attached a letter explaining the program along with resumes for the job. If you know of anyone who can use my skill set, please do pass along my information.
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Whitney

Re: 100 resumes and still no job

Post by Whitney »

Hi, I have a question and also am trying to look for help. Am a little behind and I need a job. OK here is my problem. I been living in this house for over 8 years. And now am getting evicted. I have till April 30 and have 3 young kids and one on the way. I don't know where am going to go with my kids am not trying to stay put on the street.
Am also a victim of domestic violence and on section 8 am number 6 I believe. I Am scared and don't want to be out on the street with my kids. I need help. Also the only income I have is unemployment; nothing else and with that I won’t be able to afford an apartment. I have sent out hundreds of resumes looking for work. Please help me out!!! Thanks.