Trying to catch up

State and local government assistance programs.
jwgddg
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Trying to catch up

Post by jwgddg »

I am trying to find information on how to catch up with bills. I have been speaking with various companies, but due to my credit is poor and I "make too much" for state assistance, I wanted to know if there are any foundations out there that would assist? I live in the State of SC.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Trying to catch up

Post by Admin »

There are a bunch of assistance programs in South Carolina. For example, operation round up, etc. I would say review the main site (needhelppayingbills) and you can find all types of programs, grants, and other ways to get aid.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

I am age 36. I am a father of two daughters (age 2 and age 9 today) and a husband. I work for a property preservation group during the season which is April to the end of November. They have currently only given me 2 jobs in the last 4 weeks. I had to borrow the money from my mother-in-law to pay our electric and TWC cable bills last month to keep them both on. The TWC bill covers my phone, internet and TV. I make good enough money during the season to keep our bills paid but have been suffering financially this winter so far. My bills are coming up again soon and I won't have the means to pay them. I found your email after searching online for assistance with paying bills. I'll work for whatever I earn. I don't ever expect handouts but won't turn them down either. All I care about is keeping a roof over my family's head and keeping the bills paid, especially with the winter temperatures getting colder and colder. I have internet access and a computer, for at least the next 2-3 weeks. My wife would be willing to help also to make sure we complete anything that you are able to send our way as far as work. I would like to know if you are able to help and how payment for our services is sent and what the pay period is. You can reach me at our home phone. We live in Lexington NC. Thanks.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

I resigned from my job February 28, 2013 because of unethical practices and misconduct. I have reported them to the regulatory agency and have an appointment tomorrow at 11:00 to further discuss situation. Because I left under the conditions I did my past employers will not release my vacation pay and stated they will fight me for unemployment unless I sign a release to not discuss their practices with our finder. I am now $675 behind in rent and yesterday was Issued a 5-day notice. The $675= 660 + 15 late fee. After filing the claim with Department of Family and Social Services tomorrow, the unemployment office stated I could bring the claim, the release form they wanted me to sign and my resignation letter, because I stipulated that I was leaving because of the way the company was moving and they stated I could file and should start receiving benefits in 2-3 weeks. But in between that time I need rental assistance to pay for the month of September. Please advise.
Charleze

Post by Charleze »

I am 55. I live in Escondido, North San Diego County, CA. My father passed away in India, in August 2012. I had to rush to India and while I was there, my mom then passed away here in May due to health complications. I work part-time and earn only 10.60/Hour. I also get a little Social Security money - $403/Month. I've not been to work since the middle of March because of this back-to-back double tragedy in my life. I need a little Rent/Utilities assistance. I live in an old mobile home and the monthly rent/utilities is only around $525. Do I qualify for assistance? Please help me. Thank You very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry for the loss of your father. We do have information on financial aid, including rent and utilities, in San Diego. While we are not sure if they cover a mobile home, you can call around and ask. You also may want to get a full time job now that you can. Here are more details on some options for you. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
Tooth

Post by Tooth »

To Whom It May Concern:
We are in need of some assistance. Due to a disability that has arisen-our eldest son has Autism-so we need help to pay rent, and to pay the gas company. Our gas is turned off and it is what heats our water and how we cook our food. We've been holding back on our rent because we cannot afford to pay the gas for our cars to go to the hospital 8 times a week minimum.
My husband uses 2 gallons of gas a day to get to his job and back. I use a tank going to our child's therapies a week-it is an old car and is a gas guzzler. Rent on the trailer house is not much-it is just $450/month. The biggest issue is the fact that everyone wants their money at the beginning of the month and we need both our phones with the situation as we have our two boys.
We've been doing as much as we can on our own, but we desperately need help.
Please, please, please point us down a clear and easy path to get help!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are some of the resources to try in your area of Thurston County. Well of course companies want their money and to be paid at the beginning of the month. Otherwise someone could live rent free for a period of time. Anyhow, your chances of getting rent and/or gas help are much higher than a tank of gasoline. So apply for those programs first, as maybe some charity can help you catch up with your outstanding bills.
Tooth wrote:To Whom It May Concern:
We are in need of some assistance. Due to a disability that has arisen-our eldest son has Autism-so we need help to pay rent, and to pay the gas company. Our gas is turned off and it is what heats our water and how we cook our food. We've been holding back on our rent because we cannot afford to pay the gas for our cars to go to the hospital 8 times a week minimum.
My husband uses 2 gallons of gas a day to get to his job and back. I use a tank going to our child's therapies a week-it is an old car and is a gas guzzler. Rent on the trailer house is not much-it is just $450/month. The biggest issue is the fact that everyone wants their money at the beginning of the month and we need both our phones with the situation as we have our two boys.
We've been doing as much as we can on our own, but we desperately need help.
Please, please, please point us down a clear and easy path to get help!