Truck driver salary putting us behind

State and local government assistance programs.
The Monster
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Truck driver salary putting us behind

Post by The Monster »

I am a mother of five children. Since Jostens closed its doors I have been without work. My husband drives a truck and my family is scared. The amount of money he brings home is just not enough when factoring in my salary cut. Our rent and utility's are behind and no catching up in sight. I would just request that the power of prayer be used abundantly for my family as we may be homeless soon and this will be hard on us especially my children. I have had seven surgeries in last four months.
Minnymouse101

Re: Truck driver salary putting us behind

Post by Minnymouse101 »

I live in Greene County. I was a truck driver but I had a home accident that left me needing surgery and currently unable to walk on one foot, unable to stand. I have not worked since first of June. Having trouble getting welfare or any assistance. I did get food stamps. They are trying to take my truck which is almost paid for, someone threw a football through my windshield last night, now I have no way to pay for a windshield plus payment that my family is making.
I have a mountain of hospital bills, utility costs, rent, and more. I could use some new job life skills, assistance with my power bill. I am really losing financial ground. I will never be able to drive truck again, so I need help, I cannot even get a job as a telemarketer since I cannot wear a shoe at this time. No one will hire me. I am losing faith in the system real quick. I have two small children, 8 and 1.5. My wife works and only brings in $240 week, unable to pay rent and no where to go. Can you help me?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Truck driver salary putting us behind

Post by Admin »

Try some of the agencies in Greene County for assistance. Also you may qualify for disability. But yes, it is tough. You must have worked hard as a truck driver, and now that injured, the main programs people use our workers compensation and/or disability. So those need to fill the gap while you retrain for a job that involves less manual labor...such as computer work, etc. Find information on assistance and job training in Greene County. Click more information.
Minnymouse101 wrote:I live in Greene County. I was a truck driver but I had a home accident that left me needing surgery and currently unable to walk on one foot, unable to stand. I have not worked since first of June. Having trouble getting welfare or any assistance. I did get food stamps. They are trying to take my truck which is almost paid for, someone threw a football through my windshield last night, now I have no way to pay for a windshield plus payment that my family is making.
I have a mountain of hospital bills, utility costs, rent, and more. I could use some new job life skills, assistance with my power bill. I am really losing financial ground. I will never be able to drive truck again, so I need help, I cannot even get a job as a telemarketer since I cannot wear a shoe at this time. No one will hire me. I am losing faith in the system real quick. I have two small children, 8 and 1.5. My wife works and only brings in $240 week, unable to pay rent and no where to go. Can you help me?