The church limits how many people that help weekly

State and local government assistance programs.
Oxford12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

The church limits how many people that help weekly

Post by Oxford12 »

Mother recovering from stroke, lives with me now. I no longer work in order to care for her right now. Rent is due today, will not have near enough left to pay on utilities.
I have to buy necessary items such as wipes, laundry soaps, toiletries, items not covered by DHS or the church. I have gotten food stamps, which helps on food, but only income is my mother's SSI right now. I went to Neighbor to Neighbor and they were supposed to pay $50 on the electric bill and to date that has not been applied.
I can only receive help from them once a year, the heating & cooling program through DHS is out of funds, and I have an application in with Catholic Charities but have heard nothing yet. I have been to Helping Hands Ministry only to wait then funds have been depleted, have tried First Baptist Church of Tulsa but they require appointment and only help 20 per week.
I am not always able to find someone to come sit with my mother while I try to get help. I am starting to panic a little as I cannot seem to get any help & utilities are coming due, a few I have made payment arrangements with but if I break these, bill must be paid in full. Please, I am in dire need of some assistance from a church or charty. Thank you so much.
Nomura12

Re: The church limits how many people that help weekly

Post by Nomura12 »

I am a US Citizen residing in Flushing, New York 11367. My husband and I are living with my son.
Right now we are in need of paying our bills, rent, food and assistance to pay our rent. We are low income family, our salary was cut off.
My husband is a diabetic, has a pacemaker and in need of medical assistance.
We have been helping in the church weekly and church community for more than 20 years now, but right now we are really in need of help.
Both me and my son are looking for a job but still waiting.
I ask for assistance in your good church office and I ask that you will reply soon.
It seems we keep hitting limits with these places. But we volunteered at the church
and now we need help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: The church limits how many people that help weekly

Post by Admin »

Churches have very limited resources. These are not dedicated social service agencies, but rather may give members of their parish (or how live in the region) a little food. Or maybe a few dollars to pay some critical bills. But they, like any agency, should never be relied on. Here are more details, and find help from a church.