Bipolar

State and local government assistance programs.
aura
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bipolar

Post by aura »

I'm very low income. I'm disabled mental disabilities and chronic pain. I have opted, add, bipolar manic depression, back pain, knee pain and I use a cane. I'm not able to walk stand or sit for no more than 10 to 15 minutes at a time. But the fact I am bipolar is the worst.
My rent is way over half my income. I only receive $53 in food stamps and I'm having a very difficult time managing if something doesn't happen soon. I'm afraid I'm going to be homeless, please help me.
Sandralot

Re: Bipolar

Post by Sandralot »

I'm writing you out of sheer desperation, and I have no one left to turn to. I am mentally disabled. I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder, Severe Anxiety, Bipolar, OCD, ADHD, and memory loss. My only income is Social Security Disability of $1,403 per month after $105.00 is taken out for Medicare.
I am currently living in a HUD apartment, 20 miles northwest of Chicago. Our building is going to be under construction for the next year. We were given the option of staying where we currently live, or receive a Section 8 Voucher, and live in any apartment or condo, whether it's privately owned, or live in a low income building anywhere in the U.S. I chose the voucher, and move to Long Beach because I can no longer take care of myself due to being bipolar.
Two of my children live near Los Angeles, and they would be able to handle my finances, and help me when my mental illnesses take control over me. They also can help me do the physical things I can no longer do because of cervical stenosis, which caused me to have 4 cervical spine, and 1 lumbar spine surgery. All I got out of the many surgeries is loss of some motion in my neck, and I'm in constant chronic pain. I can't think clearly, my short term memory is extremely bad, and I'm making poor financial decisions.
In the last 6 months, I was scammed out of $1,600, which is a fortune for me. My credit score is horrendous, yet I was approved for 9 different credit cards, which was a big mistake. Because of my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, mixed with my short term memory loss I managed to max out all the credit cards which totaled $9,000 which I have no way to make even the minimum payments, or ever to pay the bills in full.
I have filled out over 300 banks, savings and loan, or private lenders for a $20,000 loan, to pay in installments over 84 months. That way I could pay off the creditors, my car, and get the $3,500 that I need to pay for moving my furniture, auto haul my car, pay for my plane ticket, and security deposit. Every single loan application that I applied for was for obvious reasons, rejected.
I haven't had even one penny in my checking account for the last 3 weeks. I'm two months late on my rent and car payments. I will get my disability check tomorrow, but I have to pay my two months’ rent, I can only make one car payment, which might have the possibility of having a car repossession. After my other basic bills paid, including the $125.00 for all the medications that I need, won't even let me buy food for myself, and my Therapy Dog, Hunter, food. After all my bills are paid, it's going to leave me penniless, but this time the same day.
Last week, I sent 100 emails to every philanthropist, and wealthy charities to help me with a donation of $4,000 to get me to Long Beach. I haven't received even one reply. I have given up faith in people, and I don't know how much longer that I can go living like this. I need to be near my children, and get the Psychiatric and therapy I desperately need as soon as I arrive in Long Beach.
I know you can't donate that much money to me, but if you can pass along this email to every contact that you have that might be able financially help me would mean the world to me. You would be saving my life from me being bi-polar. I feel like George Bailey, from It's a Wonderful Life. His world was crumbling down all around him, and he lost all faith in life, until Clarence came down to save George Bailey so he can finally get his wings. That's all I'm asking for, to get out of the nightmare that I'm constantly going through. I can be reached by phone. May God bless you. Gratefully yours,
Grantpark

Post by Grantpark »

I was online looking thru state websites and came upon your website for help with water bills and rent if you have fallen behind. I am on Social Security Disability, I do work part time but just a few hours and they have been cut down because of lack of work with my disabilities as I have bi-polar. I am two months behind on my rent and I know my landlord will be starting eviction procedures, I am very scared.
I need help just catching up and I am confident I will be able to squeak thru and be on track in the future with just some small assistance. Please advise, thank you. My phone was just shut off so email at work is the easiest way to reach me. I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a lot of serious conditions, but there are cures and/or medications for all of them including depression, chronic pain, bipolar, etc. We suggests you apply for disability, and we have tips on the website for how to do that. That will give you some money each month for those bills. Learn more on applying for disability.
aura wrote:I'm very low income. I'm disabled mental disabilities and chronic pain. I have opted, add, bipolar manic depression, back pain, knee pain and I use a cane. I'm not able to walk stand or sit for no more than 10 to 15 minutes at a time. But the fact I am bipolar is the worst.