No luck from churches

State and local government assistance programs.
Dexia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

No luck from churches

Post by Dexia »

Hello, I have made several calls to different agencies and churches and I haven't had any luck. I moved out in May of this year from a domestic violence marriage and I have 2 biological children of my own and have custody of my triplet nieces and their younger sister due to the passing of their young mother.
I have been struggling with rent, maintaining my minivan that is barely working, keeping up on bills, gas money to get to my appointments and getting my children to school and their appointments. I get no help from my nieces fathers or my soon to be ex-husband. I would really appreciate more information from the church on getting emergency assistance for Rent because I received a 3 day notice to leave and food and help with bills please.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: No luck from churches

Post by Admin »

While a church may be able to help with one or maybe two of those needs, we doubt all of them. Maybe they will have a few dollars for rent, or since you are a DV victim maybe they can put you into a shelter. But if you have 5 or so kids (including your nieces which is great of you), that may be challenging. But you can try to find a church that helps with rent, but try a local one near you. As their services are regionalized.
Dexia wrote:Hello, I have made several calls to different agencies and churches and I haven't had any luck.
I would really appreciate more information on getting emergency assistance for Rent because I received a 3 day notice to leave and food and help with bills please.
Vodka

Post by Vodka »

Hi, I am trying to find help with paying my rent this month from a church, due to a hurricane and my other half has been out of work (fishermen). I work but what I make is not enough to cover rent & keep electric gas and food on the table plus make sure my son has.
I'm not sure what local charity's or churches help. St. Frances on Long beach island helped me with my electric this month due to I just paid September rent on the 22. Now October rent is due today. Our landlord always has an eviction notice made out after the 5th. I’m so embarrassed to ask for help but, I just need help with rent this month. Our rent is 1600 a month which was fine when he was working. The good thing is he goes back to work March open season. So please can I get numbers or address to local charities or churches that may help are family. I live in NJ Ocean County. Manahawkin Is the town. Thank you.
Red Smith

Post by Red Smith »

My family and I have been homeless going on 2 years, we have truly struggled and really do not know where to turn at this point. We have received help from family, friends and church, and for a short time the state, but we really have nowhere to turn at this point.
If you could please reach out to us, at this time we are in immediate need of food, gas, and assistance with paying for the hotel we are currently staying in. I do work, and my wife is actively seeking a job but nothing has happened yet. We truly are trying to get out of this hole ourselves but we just need some help from one or more churches on getting started again. Please reach out to me as soon as you can. It is my wife and we have 3 kids (17, 13, and 8). Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a lot to ask from a church, but maybe they can assist. If you have been homeless for 2 years then you will probably need much more than a church (or a charity for that matter) can ever offer. Sounds like you have very substantial issues. But at least you have a job, which is a good start. As far as help, try this for information on services. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ance_.html
SandraHawkins

Post by SandraHawkins »

My name is Jennifer and I am reaching out to you to see if your church could help me. As so far I have not been having luck, and I was told by 211 that neighborhood churches could help me. The reason I am reaching out is because I need help paying my October 2020 rent. I've been married 2 years and I've had a lot of relationship problems with my husband which we've always worked out. This past Sunday my husband decided that he will be moving out of our apartment by the 29th and he will not be paying the rent before he leaves so I am out of luck.
Based on the fact that I just got a temp assignment on the 10th and half of my check goes to daycare I have no way of paying October's rent. If you could help or lead me to someone who could I really would appreciate it. I do not want to be homeless with my children. Thank you for your time.
Shapman

Post by Shapman »

Hello. My name is Amanda. I am contacting you today because my family and I are in serious need of help, and we don’t know what to do or where to turn to and have had no luck from churches. One of the churches we go to had mentioned your company and told us to contact you. My Fiancé, son and I will be homeless in 4 days with no one where to go. We moved back here from New York a few months ago and into a place with roommates. The owner of the house came by 6 days ago and gave us all 10 days to move out because the other roommates never told the landlord we were living there. (Even though we signed a least. Which turns out was actually fake).
I am now extremely worried and not sure what to do as a mother and provider with nowhere to go. My Fiancé and I have been looking for 6 days and can’t seem to find anything quick enough or in our price range and now we only have 4 days left. We are hardworking people.
We go to church. (St. Mary's Episcopal in Stuart).
We always help everyone in need and always lend a hand when needed. We volunteer at red cross and help our community. We are responsible and trustworthy. We have children and 1 small very friendly 5lb dog. I'm so sorry for reaching out. I feel ashamed to even ask. I never ask for help. I always try to figure it out on my own and to help others. I'm not sure where to turn to or what to do since we have no luck from churches. If you could possibly somehow help us in any way possible, it would be so greatly appreciated. If you can’t, thank you for even reading this and listening. Please get back to me whenever you can. Thank you so much. I'm so sorry to ask. I just don’t know what to do or where to go. I'm so lost. Thanks again.