Pregnant so can't work at McDonalds any more

State and local government assistance programs.
Lifestyle
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Pregnant so can't work at McDonalds any more

Post by Lifestyle »

Hello...I am a 38 year old single mother of three. I am also 7 months pregnant. I am writing this to see if you would be able to point me in the right direction.
I am not eligible for cash assistance but I do receive food stamps. I was working at McDonalds but due to my age and pregnant condition I am unable to maintain employment. Confused as to the reason I was denied unemployment.
I was in a relationship where the father of two of my children took care of us but we just did not get along and parted ways. I do not get child support. I am on HUD and now I have no income. I was just in there a week ago because I tried to mow my lawn and became very ill. I just cannot do what I used to. I do not wish to be a burden on society and I am not a freeloader.
Even though my jobs at McDonalds have been dead end I almost always worked and by Gods will alone made it through. My pregnant older body just won't allow it now. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.
Harvin

Re: Pregnant so can't work at McDonalds any more

Post by Harvin »

I am living in a motel. I am nine months pregnant and lost my fast food job at McDonalds in my town. I have a 6 year old daughter who currently stays with my mother. My husband and I are separated. He moved out after I got pregnant. I have been looking for a place to rent but I have had no luck in finding anything I can afford.
I have been in touch with all the low income places and I am just told there is a waiting list. I applied for HUD and they do nothing to help but tell me there's nothing they can do. In Laclede County there is no places that offer immediate assistance. I don't know where else to go for help.
Convent

Post by Convent »

I need help paying my rent and utilities for May. I or my Husband do not have any money coming in at the moment, and when I did I just worked at McDonalds. We have a small business that has come to a complete halt. I attend Houston Community college and graduate May 16, 2017 with an AAS in Construction Engineering. We have depend on our business for the last year till I finish school but it has stalled.
My daughter graduates from High school also this year in June, but I am pregnant again. We have never been in this type of predicament before. Just need a little help till I find a job next month, when I graduate? My husband has felony so it's hard for him to get a job right away. I also can't get one right away for I have 6 classes to finish before I graduate next month. Which is in about 4 weeks. So please can we get a little help.
JMichales

Post by JMichales »

I am struggling to pay my bills. I currently work full time at McDonald but I can't get childcare and I have to pay a babysitter out of pocket, which takes up 90% of my money. I am behind on rent by $500...I was behind last month and I'm just trying to get caught up as I am pregnant again. If someone can please hear my cry I just need a helping hand and anything would help!!! Thank you and god bless everyone's hearts.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try the free government day care programs for a voucher. They are located in all states. they can help pregnant people, people working (such as at McDonald's) and others. Maybe they can refer you to other financial resources too.
JMichales wrote:I am struggling to pay my bills. I currently work full time at McDonald but I can't get childcare and I have to pay a babysitter out of pocket, which takes up 90% of my money.