We make a bad income at Wal-Mart so need help

State and local government assistance programs.
KStewart
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

We make a bad income at Wal-Mart so need help

Post by KStewart »

My husband and I are facing eviction. I've got behind on the rent, medical bills, and other costs when I lost my waitress job. I currently work at Walmart in Largo FL, but its minimum wage. My husband currently doesn't work due to 3 heart attacks and a stroke. He doesn't receive disability and they say we're ineligible for food stamps, etc.
I pay all bills including his medications & doctor bill. We've lost everything. I need help getting caught up with my rent. I can't have my husband living on the street he'll die. Can you help?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: We make a bad income at Wal-Mart so need help

Post by Admin »

Try the Salvation Army for the help you need. There is what is called a Family Service program, and they help the "working poor" which being employed at Wal-mart probably puts you into that category. Find centers here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... assis.html
They may even help you find a higher paying job!

KStewart wrote:My husband and I are facing eviction. I've got behind on the rent, medical bills, and other costs when I lost my waitress job. I currently work at Walmart in Largo FL, but its minimum wage. My husband currently doesn't work due to 3 heart attacks and a stroke. He doesn't receive disability and they say we're ineligible for food stamps, etc.
I pay all bills including his medications & doctor bill. We've lost everything. I need help getting caught up with my rent. I can't have my husband living on the street he'll die. Can you help?
Trey

Post by Trey »

Hello. I have a question about your program. I am currently working at Wal-Mart and will not be able to work many hours because I am going to school too. I have a daughter and we currently live with family. I want to get an apartment for us but I don't think I make enough income to get. Will your program help me pay for it monthly?
Siena

Post by Siena »

I am a single mom. My son is a year and a half. I am currently working at Wal-Mart making $7.65 an hr. I am paying 1,050 for a 3 bedroom apartment. I am paying $300 a month for childcare. I am also paying $380 a month In car payments. My electricity bill has been hitting $250 the past few months. I've tried to get maintenance up to my apartment to Insulate my windows but they have pretty much refused. I am so overwhelmed and feel like I am drowning In bills. I would not usually reach out to organizations for help but I have completely ran out of options and in desperate need of help as my Wal-Mart income is low.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you still plan on staying at Wal-Mary, any financial aid would not sustain you as it would be one time only. So you really need to focus on increasing your income, getting a higher paying job, etc. Maybe try an online position here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _home.html