Single mom trying to pay the bills and raise an autistic child

State and local government assistance programs.
shaf_Mercardo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Single mom trying to pay the bills and raise an autistic child

Post by shaf_Mercardo »

Single mother of an autistic 6 year old boy. Desperately needs a new start & a better state to raise my son. Basically websites or links where I can find a place to live, services for autistic kids, schools for him & me.
I Would love to go back to school to become a teacher’s assistant/aide in special education for elementary school. Preferably online schools to be able to work. California is just depressing & no matter how hard I try to go ahead and make us strive, 1 thing or another stops it. Not looking for a handout, just a push in the right direction to getting my life together for my son to be able to provide a normal, healthy life.
Tolbert

Re: Single mom trying to pay the bills and raise an autistic child

Post by Tolbert »

I need help with rental assistance, I am a single mother with 4 daughters (one who is autistic) and it seems like more and more I'm not able to keep up with my bills including gasoline. And at the moment I have no heating, my gas was shut off due to lack of income that come in my home, I am in danger of losing my home. I've already received the 3 day eviction notice, I have nowhere to turn feeling pretty hopeless right about now. So if there is any way someone can help me, please and its very much appreciated.
DTigers

Post by DTigers »

Hi, I'm the single mom of an autistic 4 year old wonderful boy. By single I mean we have no one he was a planned pregnancy with the man I was with for 6 years and engaged to for 2. Things have not been easy but we have always managed.
3 months ago that all changed when I found 11 violations in the house we rent a room including mold that has caused both my son and I to be hospitalized more than once. The city is condemning the house and we have 30 days to be out 2 months ago. I lost my job as a infant nanny, something I love and have been doing for 10 years. The mom decided to be a stay at home.
I apply to about 50 jobs a day my son goes to a school 4 days a week only for autistic children. Caring for children is what I was put on earth to do but I always get the same answer you sound perfect but you have a child. I've tried applying to retail jobs and jobs like that but they want open availability. I don’t have I have reached out to every organization from rental assistance to shelters to city hall; all of them turned us away.
My son does get SSD but its not enough to live off right now. It looks like we are going to be homeless. I am a good person and a hard worker. I just need a chance for my sons sake. If you can help I don’t mean money I mean ideas, apartments to rent or work. Please let me know. I live in Philadelphia PA, and thank you for help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is financial help for single moms. But good for you in applying for 50 jobs! Also look into day care programs, as maybe they can help offset the costs when you do eventually land work...as we know you will!
If there are violations in the home, also file a lawsuit. Maybe that can free up some income for you.
DTigers wrote: I apply to about 50 jobs a day my son goes to a school 4 days a week only for autistic children.
AndyS

Post by AndyS »

I am a single mother of two children. I have a 12 year old daughter and a 4 year old son that has Autism, his father doesn't pay child support. The court is unable to locate him, he has never wanted to meet his son anyway. We are in desperate need of rental assistance. Our monthly rent is $1,476.00 for a two bedroom unit. I only receive $600.00 in child support from my daughter's father. I have always been the sole care giver for both Autistic children and I have them 24/7.
My daughter struggled over the past four years with a diagnosis of Bipolar II, she has been in and out of schools, put on home schooling for months at a time. I desperately need someone who can help me get back on my feet and into the job market so I can financially support my children alone. My elderly father has taken up the expenses, but now can no longer afford to help and I am so scared to be homeless.
My Autistic son is still in pull-ups and drinks toddler formula because he has an eating disorder. we receive food stamps and Medicaid and $54.00 off our power bill, but I am just not bringing money in to cover our expenses. Please help. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you using the help of a professional in dealing with the courts? As there are free lawyers in Oklahoma. As your former married partner should be contributing to the kids, but having 4 kids and not being able to afford them (even when married) was not a good decision. It will be tougher as a single mom. So try the legal aid as well as government assistance.

AndyS wrote:I am a single mother of two children. I have a 12 year old daughter and a 4 year old son that has Autism, his father doesn't pay child support. The court is unable to locate him, he has never wanted to meet his son anyway.