Bill paying programs for mom that had stroke

State and local government assistance programs.
Buble
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bill paying programs for mom that had stroke

Post by Buble »

Hi! I am contacting you on behalf of my mom. My mom is 72 and was working, but recently suffered a major stroke and is currently paralyzed on her left side. She has been in rehab for 3 weeks and there is not much improvement.
I am trying to see what assistance is out there to help her with her bills (mortgage, electric, water, etc...). I don't want her to have to worry about them and then this cause her to have another major stroke. We are not sure how long she will be like this, we are hoping not long. She will be getting therapy 3 times a week, whether it be at home on in nursing assistance program.
Any info you can give me will greatly appreciated. It is extremely hard right now with trying to help her and my grandmother and I cannot financially do anything on her bills. My contact is using email if you would like to contact me.
lucylew

Re: Bill paying programs for mom that had stroke

Post by lucylew »

To Whom It May Concern:
Hello. I'm from Alabama and in August of 2017 my step mom had a severe stroke which left him unable to work. He was the sole provider in the household. My mom works a job that barely pays the main utility bills. She has fallen behind months on the mortgage/loan with the bank to pay the house payment.
It's really hard on her to try to pay all the bills now when my step dad can't work at all. He's unable to get an assistance such as Social Security or Disability benefits. She has spoken to several lawyers & they always give her bad news. I can provide proof/documents of the struggle my mom is enduring right now. Could you please send me information on any grants or programs in which I can help my mom save her home and help pay her bills?
Mussoline
anti spam: Blue

Re: Bill paying programs for mom that had stroke

Post by Mussoline »

My mother had a stroke on 9/21/2018. She is 56 years old and was working a full-time job at a medical clinic. This clinic is very busy, and the job is very stressful. She had no physical problems from the stroke. She did though have some damage to part of her brain. The main things affected were her speech, short-term memory, and her thought process for things. They have found out that she has a whole in her heart which doctors will not fix until she has insurance. My mom is unable to work due to her speech and memory from the stroke, so she is having difficulty paying her bills including her mortgage. She is unable to do speech therapy because she doesn’t have any insurance. She had applied for disability but was put on medical deferment since they think she will get better. She filed for unemployment but that got denied because she is still under a doctor’s care. I found your organization and wanted to see if there was any way to get help. We live in a small town in Mississippi toward the middle of the state. I see Hattiesburg offices but not sure which one would be the right one to call for my mom. I am desperately needing help for my parents. My father works but it is not enough to support them. All help would be greatly appreciated.