Victim of Ponzi scheme

State and local government assistance programs.
Direct1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Victim of Ponzi scheme

Post by Direct1 »

I was a victim of an investment Ponzi scheme where the perpetrator is now being tried by the SC district attorney and the FBI. I invested into what I was told was the formation of a home loan assistance business which never happened. I Withdrew over $150,000 from my retirement 401K and now repaying the Loan in monthly installments out of my paycheck. The FBI will notify me once the trial is over and the thief jailed.
Recently I also had to take a home line of credit because of the great financial impact caused by the reduction in my paycheck to meet repayment terms of my 401k. The payment of my second mortgage is 200 per month for a 30 year note plus $300 per pay period for my 401 loan totaling $ 500.00 per month making it difficult to get by.
I have all the info from the FBI on assistance available to me but there is no financial restitution.
I assisted the FBI with the investigation providing letters of repayment by the thief in the form of meaningless promissory notes. The perpetrator is located in Horray County and I live in Columbia SC.
Is there any assistance in grants the state may have to help me repay my second mortgage of $19,000? I have all the FBI contact info. Thank you.
Minaj

Re: Victim of Ponzi scheme

Post by Minaj »

Needing help to pay our rent. Due to recent lay off from a company that was running a Ponzi scheme, and now unemployment, I have gotten behind. Also needing help with food for my family and I as we are struggling right now. We just recently got our own place and not having to move howl to hotel, and now this happens. Any help would be so greatly appreciated beyond words. God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Victim of Ponzi scheme

Post by Admin »

If you were hit by a Ponzi Scheme, did you talk to a lawyer for advice? Or call the police? As that is the first step to take. Maybe they can help you get some money back.
Then, apply for financial aid from a local charity. And also try a food pantry in your area too for groceries. But address the legal issues with the Ponzi scheme too.