Any LGBTQ specific assistance programs?

State and local government assistance programs.
Melvin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Any LGBTQ specific assistance programs?

Post by Melvin »

I have been without a permanent residence since November of 2014.
I am on a SSI disability insurance claim and am looking for housing and any other financial aid I may qualify for in the state of California (particularly in the San Diego county area).
My first question is; do you know of any services that deal with the lgbtq community (or are LGBTQ friendly)?
My second question is; do you have email addresses for any programs that might be able to aid me during this time of financial difficulties?
If so, please contact me.
Thank you for your time,
Brewer

Re: Any LGBTQ specific assistance programs?

Post by Brewer »

I was in a car wreck April 23rd and May 10th. Both times I got rear ended at a light while I was stopped because the individuals failed to try and stop. Due to my injury I was put on medical leave from my Job.
So I tried to get another job but the pain became unbearable. And I lost that job about a week and half ago and I need help paying rent, car payment and insurance. I am LGBTQ so many there is another resource? I have been trying my hardest to find a job that is tolerable but since I can't afford schooling right now I can't find a suitable job.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any LGBTQ specific assistance programs?

Post by Admin »

Generally charities do not discriminate based on sexual orientation, age, race, or anything. So there are resources for LGBTQ clients. Really just browse our main site and look for programs. Really you should not even need to tell any agency what your sexual orientation is...Frankly we have never heard of any organization ever asking someone that information. Try this. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/