Struggling on waitress salary

State and local government assistance programs.
AkexT
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling on waitress salary

Post by AkexT »

I'm 19, turning 20 next month and I'm living on my own with my boyfriend. He recently just got fired and is looking for jobs but has been unable to find one yet. This is my second month trying to pay rent by myself, it is 800 a month.
Neither of us have a car, so I usually take taxi's to work if I can’t find a ride. I'm struggling big time, working just for the rent. I really don’t have money to buy food, I try to bring home something from work but I have to pay for that too. I'm a waitress at Olive Garden. I try to pick up as much shifts as possible, I'm struggling and it would be such a great help to get some extra money that I could later pay back when I'd be able to.
Rose1

Re: Struggling on waitress salary

Post by Rose1 »

HELP I am desperate. The more I read the more confused I am. I am an 18 year old single mom. I currently live at home but I need to move out ASAP. I work about 30 hours a week as a waitress at $4.50 per hour plus tips. The section 8 list is closed and I don't know what to do for help. I just know I need help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Struggling on waitress salary

Post by Admin »

Why are you confused when you read more and inform yourself? That is a very strange comment. If you want to move out on that waitress salary, you will never make it. You need to get a higher salary/new job, save a ton of cash, and gain stability. Then, and only then, you can try a single mom rent program for help. But you are basically living in poverty and if you move, it is just a matter of time before you are evicted or some other crisis comes up.
Rose1 wrote:HELP I am desperate. The more I read the more confused I am. I am an 18 year old single mom. I currently live at home but I need to move out ASAP. I work about 30 hours a week as a waitress at $4.50 per hour plus tips. The section 8 list is closed and I don't know what to do for help. I just know I need help.