Disability benefits being cut

State and local government assistance programs.
Gronk
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Disability benefits being cut

Post by Gronk »

I have a 19 year old disabled son. I am a disabled nurse/firefighter that has had cancer/breast removed/approximately .28 skin cancer or precancerous lesions off skin/tumor from colon. I had a heart attack too and we live in very sub standard conditions with holes in the floor, floors falling in, major leaks when it rains and I've been ill since 3/30 and can't afford my medicine.
We have no food, utilities are due, losing our vehicle because we are behind and I was just recently mauled by a person's dog that did it to me last year and I was dying over it, stayed in the hospital and now I am fighting the same issues at home and scared I'm going to die. I have been running high fever since 3/30 and been bed ridden, can't afford co-pays, past due medical, can't get help with delinquent child support for son and nephew, mold in the trailer that keeps us very ill, and extreme utilities with a 1100.00 electric bill last year that caused us to be without water and electric for 2 weeks in July after I was released from dying in the hospital.
We can't get help.
Please, I'm begging you, help us. Social Security is going to drop my benefits because they told me I could work and I tried for 1 month and couldn't and they won't approve my son and I've been trying since he was 4. He has a major mental disorder. We were homeless last April, I starved because I had little and wanted to make sure the boys ate. I'm going through the same thing. We are desperate. We don't know what to do.
If I die, my son that is disabled said he wouldn't want to live and I'm not getting well and can't afford to go back to MD because of a bill and I have a broken toe and foot that can't be seen and no antibiotics are anything for this fever and my kidneys are slowly shutting down again. We are in desperate need of someone to care and reach out to help us as I did for 22 years and at times at my own expense. I don't want to die. Please help us. Blessings to you and yours always.
lp141

Re: Disability benefits being cut

Post by lp141 »

Hello,
My name is Latoya Perry, I am looking for assistance in paying my rent and light bill. I am currently working at a company called At Home Care where I help take care of the elderly or disabled who is unable to do for themselves, but the disability benefits were cut. Two weeks ago, my client passed and is greatly missed but she was my full time client and now I only worked 24 hours out of a two week period whereas it use to be 80. I will not be able to pay my rent which is $392.00 and light bill $84.00 due to me having to pay my insurance that's required for my job. Any assistance even if I have to pay back will be greatly appreciated. I don't have anywhere else to go. I thank you all and have a blessed one.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Social security disability cut? Are those the benefits you need help with? As the SSA can be challenging to work with, especially as they try to cut back on fraud. There is help when benefits are cut, including other government programs, charities, and more.
PrestonJames

Post by PrestonJames »

I have been disabled since 2003. I didn't receive disability until 2008. Now as of 2020 I've been fighting to get my disability back as the disability was cut. They said I needed to come into the office when they stopped my checks but I had no way to get there. I couldn't afford a car, couldn't afford right I was too worried about putting a roof over my son's head to this day we are still trying to get my disability back. Being a single disabled mother of one child and then all of a sudden no income when disability was cut.
We lost our house and we have been homeless .A friend of mine has been nice enough to let me use his truck for the past two and a half years. I have my own vehicle but I can't afford to put it on the road and get it inspected and pay insurance. I'm having a hard enough time putting gas in a vehicle to drive him back and forth to school because he is in a magnet program which I have to supply transportation.
I have many doctors’ appointments for my disabilities. We have been living from house to house without completely pain the full rent just waiting to get thrown out of the next place. After receiving disability for many years and then stopping in 2020 I have no clue how to go about doing this again to reverse the cuts so I filled out an application with Social Security disability on April 1st as of yesterday.
I called you find out what was going on and they said it was the night that I haven't received a letter. I don't know what to do I'm lost I'm on my own. I don't know what to ask for I don't know how to ask. I don't know what I can get but in the past two and a half years we have probably lived about 10 different places because I'm trying to fight for my disability.
I cannot work at all and if I do try to work just to put a roof over his head disability will definitely deny me. Because why would I apply for disability if I can work!!!!!???? I signed up to be on the list for Section 8 housing that's quite a few years down the line.
I don't know how to do this process can someone please help me.
I am 47 years old and I have a 13 year old boy. We managed to get to school supplies from here and there but he is still wearing the same backpack, the same shoes in the same clothes for the past 2 years. I can't afford this stuff. I don't mind going to Goodwill but I can't even afford $5 when I need to put it in my gas tank to drive him to school which doesn't last very long in this old V8 Dodge Ram that I have been allowed to use for now. He is going to be taking the tags off of it as of October 1st when the tags expire he said I can have the truck but I can't afford anything to put it on the road and it needs a lot of work - please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You indicated school supplies, and while it is late to apply to get them, there still may be some places that are passing out free school supplies to kids from low-income families. And sounds like your disability would qualify you. Look here for those free back to school events for this year. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... plies.html
PrestonJames wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:51 pm there but he is still wearing the same backpack, the same shoes in the same clothes for the past 2 years. I can't afford this stuff. I don't mind going to Goodwill but I can't even afford $5 when I need to put it in my gas tank to drive him to school which doesn't last very long in this old V8 Dodge Ram that I have been allowed to use for now.