Aid for new American citizen

State and local government assistance programs.
Kornheiser
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Aid for new American citizen

Post by Kornheiser »

Hi there, I am writing because I need help. I just moved here from Brazil so I am new. I am having a hard time adjusting. I been living abroad for about 8 years, a lot of thing has change in the United States of America. I moved to Brazil for about 8 and now I am back in the USA. When I left to move to Brazil I left in the when all the crisis was in the going on, my mom had owned a 2 family house and since the crisis she left it so we moved back to Brazil since she had a house there that my father had left.
I was searching for an apartments for American citizens. I looked at craigslist and walk around to see the rent signs that had apartments available. All the places we looked at they asked for credits and income reference and etc. My husband and I had brought enough money to survive till we found jobs and food and stuff but with the whole thing, we found a place to rent but there was a catch. They wanted us to pay 3 to 4 months in advance plus security.
When we was looking for an apartment some said since we do not have credit or weren't working, and we did not have a cosigner that we would have to say to them we would pay some months’ rent in advance to guarantee secure a place.
So we paid so we can secure guaranty a place. But now we are out of money. We need help. I would like to know where I can get a temporary help until I get established and find a job. I am currently doing the workforce thing where they help apply and you get a job a program from the government.
I am an new American citizen, but for a few years I was residing living in Brazil. I lived in NJ for a long time, but now I ended up going back to Brazil with family. I am 35 years, married, worked as a teacher of early childhood education in Brazil, in a daycare/preschool center there for about 3 years.
I Majored in pedagogy and post graduated in psych pedagogy. About a year ago my husband and I decided to live in the USA. We did a lot of research and concluded that the most appropriate place for our expectations will be California. We wanted an American dream opportunity, but it is turning out an American nightmare. Most places you ask for help they say you have to be pregnant or have kids. What if a person is struggling does not have kid or can't have kids? Already grateful for the collaboration and time.
Kylep
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Aid for new American citizen

Post by Kylep »

Hello,
I resigned from my job due to a family emergency. I thought that I had enough saved so my 3 children and I would not have late bills. I am currently looking for employment but have yet to be hired, as seems like some companies do not hire me even though I am an American citizen. I am in need of some help. My electric bill is two months behind and I am currently receiving SNAP and medical from state. I need to know what the next step is. Thank you attached is a copy of my power bill.
Sincerely,