Food and bills in Oregon

State and local government assistance programs.
Dowd Sally
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Food and bills in Oregon

Post by Dowd Sally »

I need help with rent and utilities and food assistance in Oregon. I have lost my job and at this present time, I’m waiting to see if I can get unemployment as its in dispute. I still may get it but as at months end, its December 2015. I only have two weeks left before I loose apartment, and face shut offs across the board. We are near hunger too, also I’m almost out of food to. Please help in any way possible in Portland Oregon.
MsMerry

Re: Food and bills in Oregon

Post by MsMerry »

I found your organization online and desperately need your help!!!! I’m a single Mom of 3 young boys. I come from a very small family in Oregon; just my Mom dad and younger brother. All of them have passed away in the past 5 years. So with no other options for help in paying these 2 urgent bills....I am coming to you begging for help so I have power and a roof over my children's heads.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Bill paying programs are of course harder to access. But try a Oregon food pantry, as they have have information for you. And of course they will have food...provided the shelves are full and you meet the income criteria.
MsMerry wrote:I found your organization online and desperately need your help!!!! I’m a single Mom of 3 young boys. I come from a very small family in Oregon; just my Mom dad and younger brother. All of them have passed away in the past 5 years. So with no other options for help in paying these 2 urgent bills....I am coming to you begging for help so I have power and a roof over my children's heads.
JennyMay12

Post by JennyMay12 »

Hello, I live in Hillsboro Oregon. I'm needing help finding a resource to help pay my rent. My husband's check was $300 short of our $1004 monthly rent. We're in desperate need of help with this bill, we have 4 children ages 9 months, 2, 4 and 7 and our daughter will be 5 Christmas eve.
My kids have no Christmas this year but I'm at least trying to keep a roof over our heads. Any resources or help is extremely helpful and we're thankful.
Avalanche

Post by Avalanche »

I was given your information and told that you may be able to help with electric bill and/or food box help. I live in NW Portland, zip code 97209.
Recently I was laid off along with everyone else in my department. This was unexpected and although I have several interviews set up I am struggling to make ends meet. My electric service from PGE is scheduled to be shut off Tuesday (5 day notice) or if that happens I am afraid I will lose my apartment. Keeping electricity on is one of the conditions of the Home Forward run Apartment I am living in.
Food has also become a problem. I expect to be back to work shortly and am able to make a partial payment on PGE but not the whole amount. If I was misinformed and you are not able to help do you know anyone who may be? I have asked many other places but no one so far has responded with anything other than ".....no funds are available this month." Thank you for your time.