Help find places for food and meals in New Mexico

State and local government assistance programs.
Avocado
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help find places for food and meals in New Mexico

Post by Avocado »

I live on SSI benefits $674 a month and food stamps. I have two daughters ages 9 and 10. I have full
custody where their dad signed his rights over in court 4 years ago and I don't get child support as ordered by the
court because he don't pay into the state by not working. This lack of money even stops me from buying them food. We haven't seen or heard from him in 4 years so I get no
support there.
I live out in Albuquerque New Mexico where the last bus lines does not come out this far. I have been depending on my
neighbors to take me to the store, my doctors, the food pantry, and my daughters school for special events. I barely get by each month on easy little money I get. I have seen where there are charity's and ministries that help disabled people with free car repair but they require a voucher from an origination for groceries. If you are unable to help me I was wondering can you please help me find a charity, food bank or ministry that can, because I really do need my car running for me and my daughters. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help find places for food and meals in New Mexico

Post by Admin »

Since you are in the biggest New Mexico City of Albuquerque, you have the most access too both food pantries and soup kitchens. There are dozens in that region. Some that offer meals on wheels and will deliver food to you, so the transportation is not as critical. Also, maybe a volunteer from one of the pantries can drive you there. But you need to get self-sufficient, and from what you said it sounds like you feel entitled to getting help from the community and others. That is a terrible attitude you have, and no agency or program needs to help you. Anyway, we digress, and try a food pantry in New Mexico for the meals and support you need.
Avocado wrote:I live out in Albuquerque New Mexico where the last bus lines does not come out this far. I have been depending on my
neighbors to take me to the store, my doctors, the food pantry, and my daughters school for special events.
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

Hello my name is Caitlyn and I'm in Albuquerque NM. I have a few questions and I wanted to know if you will be able to answer them for me, including for food, groceries, and hot meals.
1. Can I get help to pay my rent and get some food?
I have recently lost my job due to my bipolar. My fiancé is the only one with a job and we are about to get evicted from our apartment and lose our car. We are also out of food and can use a meal or groceries.
2. Can I get help with the car bill?
I live with my step sister and fiancé, as I said my fiancé is the only one who works. My sister just had heart surgery and she is still recovering so she doesn't have a job as well and needs expensive, organic food. I drive both of them everywhere and anywhere they need to be. To work, appointments, shopping, etc. we are now three months behind on our car bill and they will be trying to come take it from us very soon.
If you can answer these two questions for me that would be really great.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For both of those, maybe try public assistance and government benefits in NM. As there is SNAP food stamps (for your food) as well as section 8 housing (for your housing). As far as car bill, you should car your lender to ask for a payment plan or "relief". Find more details here and apply for public assistance in New Mexico.
Stretch wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:11 pm Hello my name is Caitlyn and I'm in Albuquerque NM. I have a few questions and I wanted to know if you will be able to answer them for me, including for food, groceries, and hot meals.
1. Can I get help to pay my rent and get some food?
I have recently lost my job due to my bipolar. My fiancé is the only one with a job and we are about to get evicted from our apartment and lose our car. We are also out of food and can use a meal or groceries.
2. Can I get help with the car bill?
I live with my step sister and fiancé, as I said my fiancé is the only one who works. My sister just had heart surgery and she is still recovering so she doesn't have a job as well and needs expensive, organic food. I drive both of them everywhere and anywhere they need to be. To work, appointments, shopping, etc. we are now three months behind on our car bill and they will be trying to come take it from us very soon.
If you can answer these two questions for me that would be really great.