Help for bill as diagnosed with colon cancer

State and local government assistance programs.
ScottBander
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help for bill as diagnosed with colon cancer

Post by ScottBander »

Husband recently diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that has spread to lymph nodes. He is unable to work and has been for a few weeks now. He begins chemo Thursday December 18th. Currently No money for Rent, Food, or childcare as he was self employed and worked on commission only. Previously made $2000 per month, extremely sick and unable to sit, stand or assist with children. Currently receiving care under indigent program. We have 2 children 1 and 6 years old. Rent is $1350.
Sloan

Re: Help for bill as diagnosed with colon cancer

Post by Sloan »

To Any one bless with knowledge I have a friend of my son who lost his dad due to colon cancer. He is struggle with utility and assistance and my son brought it to my attention last night. I wish I had funds to share with but I right now get food assistance for my family and trying to make ends meet ask I but he and awesome kid with heart and deserves to get up on his feet and have little if not a lot help. I do as much as I can when and if I have resource but if anyone could help him it be a true blessing and if not just prayers for everyone that are struggling to stay warm.  Not sure if utility in his name but he has no electric.  And if anyone help can you please call. Thanks to whom can help him recover from the loss of his father from colon cancer and God bless your heart and soul. Sincerely.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So sad he died of colon cancer. But there are resources in Yamhill County. Maybe some of the agencies listed can give you that blessing you need.
Sloan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:27 am To Any one bless with knowledge I have a friend of my son who lost his dad due to colon cancer. He is struggle with utility and assistance and my son brought it to my attention last night. I wish I had funds to share with but I right now get food assistance for my family and trying to make ends meet ask I but he and awesome kid with heart and deserves to get up on his feet and have little if not a lot help. I do as much as I can when and if I have resource but if anyone could help him it be a true blessing and if not just prayers for everyone that are struggling to stay warm.  Not sure if utility in his name but he has no electric.  And if anyone help can you please call. Thanks to whom can help him recover from the loss of his father from colon cancer and God bless your heart and soul. Sincerely.
Leesman

Post by Leesman »

My husband has had treatment for colon cancer and I have had surgery, chemo and radiation for serous 3a.  We have so many bills that are copay that we are going under financially trying to pay things. We have maxed out loans and credit cards and are on a payment plan for credit card debt and also at the hospital. We have gone from 2 cars down to 1. We switched to a cheaper phone carrier. My 75 year old hubby has gone back to working part time to try to keep our senior apartment (we moved into a cheaper place a few months ago) and buy good food. We have BECAUSE/BS FEP blue insurance but our copays keep adding up. I have routine checkups and monthly port flush which just keep bringing our total due up.  Every month we seem to get further behind on bills from this colon cancer case. My hubby is suffering from depression because of bills and has medications. I am suffering from depression and truthfully have contemplated suicide (no medications because I can’t stand the thought of adding to the bills). I am 72 and trying to find a job that would actually pay enough to actually help, but they are not easy to find in Oshkosh Wisconsin and we would have a problem because of having to get rid of our second vehicle.
Do you have any funds or programs or assistance of any kind that could help us pay bills or cover monthly expenses while we battle colon cancer?
Any help you could provide to us would be much appreciated!  We feel like we are drowning here and we are alone. We know there are others who don’t even have as much as we do but after working hard all of our lives we are feeling defeated at this point.
Howard

Post by Howard »

Dear Need Help Staff, My husband, Steve, has stage 4 colon cancer and due to his declining physical ability. We have had to move to a more accessible apartment. We are both 69 years old and have been together for 47 years. Unfortunately, we are childless and have no family to turn to for help. We live in the Harrisburg area of Pennsylvania.
Although we have finally found an apartment, we find ourselves strapped for the financial assets to pay for the move. We have located movers and the range of their estimates are from $850 to $1,000. Our moving date is May 11th.
Is there any chance that your group would be able to assist us with this as we battle colon cancer? We would be eternally grateful for any help.Thank you so much for your attention.
Sincerely, Steve and Deena Glass
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are clinics that may help with the cancer as well as low income housing programs your husband Steve may benefit from. Maybe they can get you a first floor place. Look here for help in Harrisburg Pennsylvania.
Howard wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:13 am Dear Need Help Staff, My husband, Steve, has stage 4 colon cancer and due to his declining physical ability. We have had to move to a more accessible apartment. We are both 69 years old and have been together for 47 years. Unfortunately, we are childless and have no family to turn to for help. We live in the Harrisburg area of Pennsylvania.
HarryS

Post by HarryS »

Hello, I'm a stage IV Colon cancer, metastasized to my liver and lung. I am in aggressive chemotherapy treatment biweekly with biliary drain tubes surgically replaced ever 6-8 weeks. I am currently on Social Security Disability which does not cover all my housing needs, with Mortgage, Car payment and utilities. I also have a 20 year old son out of town in college. I have exhausted my family's financial support to keep my credit in good standing. I am searching for further financial assistance to maintain my quality of life. Please provide any resources you may have to help my situation.
I thank you in advance for your help,