Bad back injury

State and local government assistance programs.
JoeQuick
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bad back injury

Post by JoeQuick »

I have broken my back and have been unable to work since October. I need assistance paying December bills which include rent, gas, electric, and vehicle insurance. These bills total approximately $800.
I have medical records and Dr. excuses that state I am unable to work for the next 4 to 6 weeks depending on my recovery process. I have always worked and will be able to start paying my bill again when am able to work again. I just need assistance making it through these hard times since the accident.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bad back injury

Post by Admin »

If you have medical records, try a disability program in Kansas. There may be some short term financial aid from SSI for you for paying those bills. As a back injury seems like it will qualify you. If you only need help for 6 months or so, that is a reasonable time frame. So find how to apply to Kansas disability grants.
Spinella

Post by Spinella »

100% DISABLED WITH (12) TWELVE SCREWS IN MY LOW BACK. AFTER MY ACCIDENT I HAVE HAD ELEVEN SURGERIES AND AM FACING CERVICAL SURGERY IN THE NEAR FUTURE TO FIX MY BAD BACK. MY CAR IS 23 YEARS OLD AND JUST ISN'T MECHANICALLY SAFE ANYMORE AND I HAVE TO SEE TWO PHYSICIANS MONTHLY AND ONE IS 45 MINUTES AWAY ALL HIGHWAY! I HAVE ASTHMA AND NO A/C OR HEAT! NEED HELP WITH RESOURCES PLEASE!
S_Berner

Post by S_Berner »

My husband had been off work due to back spasms and we lived off my part time pay checks since February. Just as we were hoping to get back on our feet he walked out last Friday and I don't know how I am going to be able to do it. I'm currently looking for full time but in the meantime I don't know where to turn. Any help would be great.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Turn to those Bexar County assistance programs. there are many to pick from, ranging from food to employment, financial aid, and others. Maybe they can fill a short term need while you get that job and your husband's back recovers.
S_Berner wrote:'m currently looking for full time but in the meantime I don't know where to turn. Any help would be great.