Who is really getting help here?

State and local government assistance programs.
Kalarahi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Who is really getting help here?

Post by Kalarahi »

I see all the phone #s on here offering help to families that really need it but I here of so many that never get help. If all this help is out there please tell me who is getting it? Because I know for sure it's no one that I know. I know people that will be losing everything if they don't get help. The sad part is it's the children that suffer. So please tell me where the help is going. Thank you.
Natural

Re: Who is really getting help here?

Post by Natural »

Was just looking around and curious on how me and my family would be able to receive financial assistance to live on our own. Who do we call for help? There is so much information. There is me, my wife and 1 year old son. I was just like to know if there are any options on help because I am the only one working and would be the only one that would be able to pay the bills. Single income, and I am just looking for info on my options if I do have any.
Goodman

Re: Who is really getting help here?

Post by Goodman »

I am John and I am writing this for my daughter Shawn. Shawn has 4 children from 14 months to age 7. She is married but her husband left her in a rental home, and 0 income. He is now in state prison for 2 years. In February I had all 5 of them live with my wife and me, and we are trying to find out how to get help here. In September I was able to buy a mobile home in the same community as I live. Her home is paid for.
I pay the $321 monthly lot rent as well as her electric that had gone unpaid for some time. I was stuck paying 440.00 last week to prevent a disconnection.   I worked at Trumbull Correctional Institution but was forced into disability retirement do to my COPD. My pension check is only 1675.00 a month. My wife is also disabled due to a massive stroke. Her SS disability check is only 900.00 per month. I have done everything I could to help her, but my resources are not enough to have the gas turned on for heat. All of my firearms have been pawned, as well as my wife's wedding ring set. I even sold my blood to help.
The extended weather shows a major change of weather by the end of the week and the next week. Night time temps will be in the 30's. and I am breaking already for the month. I'm beside myself with worries. It's near 7:30 am, and I've not slept. The only upside is that she does get the food card from the welfare office.  I hate that I can't take care of my daughter and my beautiful grandchildren. I have been on line for over 6 hours, searching for help. She will be getting on PIPP when it starts sometime in November. But that doesn't Help her right now! I need the gas turned on very soon.
I am asking you to please help her to have the gas turned on before the coming cold weather.