Getting out of jail and also disabled

State and local government assistance programs.
The Monster
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Getting out of jail and also disabled

Post by The Monster »

My husband recently went to jail and I am permanently disabled. I am trying to keep us afloat, but with
My being behind already because of being unprepared, it is overwhelming. I have a 13 year old and there has been too much stress and I need to get stable for his sake. I owe rent for this month and 100.00 for last month. My car also broke which has had me very upset and unable to get around. If there is any direction that you can point me in to get back on track so I may be able to set a budget.
Batman

Re: Getting out of jail and also disabled

Post by Batman »

I am writing you all because I have tried to get help from the state but unfortunately they weren't willing to help right now. We are drowning in bills with a toddler and a baby on the way and the baby daddy just got out of jail with a disability. We would even just take help with food. But truthfully we got a letter from our apartment saying we need to pay 1200$ or get evicted. We haven't skipped payments just been paying late because of we aren't bringing in money like before as the dad is in jail - until now which he just gout out. Out of the 1200 we should have the 800 which is our Novembers rent. If you could read this and get back with us I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are in Wake County, there are homeless prevention programs in Raleigh. Some of them do focus on (1) the disabled and/or (2) people leaving jail.
As far as disabled, maybe also apply for SSI.
Most jail also offer referrals (or at least pamphlets) to people leaving on where to go for support services. Or try the social services department.
Hanlon3

Post by Hanlon3 »

My daughter has 4 children ages 16, 14, 9, & 5. Her husband is in the Charlotte County jail and she is the only one working but she is also partially disabled She also has no vehicle to get the children to school and back nor herself to work. Are there any programs available to help her with her rent, utilities, and vehicle issue?
She also needs her two younger children to be able to stay in aftercare because of her working hours and disability while she waits for her husband to get out of jail.
Are there any programs in Charlotte County that could help her stay afloat? She is literally drowning and we're doing all we can do it's not enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.