Discharged from Navy

State and local government assistance programs.
Jimmy_John_Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Discharged from Navy

Post by Jimmy_John_Smith »

I've been struggling ever since I got discharged from the Navy during boot camp due to an injury. I got extremely sick after coming home with a problem with my kidney, and am behind on bills, can't buy food, etc.. I do work full time but it is not enough to get me by. I am currently living in between friends houses and my car. I have a place lined up to move to on August 1. But I only managed to save up enough for first and security while in the Navy. However this landlord want first last and security, and I need money to turn on the lights and water among other needs. I was wondering if there is any programs to help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Discharged from Navy

Post by Admin »

There are some ways to save money. It is for military veterans and active members, and all branches including the Navy. It combines saving money with financial aid, and the Exchange Network is the program. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... erans.html
TimMac

Post by TimMac »

To whom it may concern,
My name is Ryan. I am a medically discharged disabled vet needing help. I served in the USN for 5 years serving honorably until a series of injuries and the onset of neurological disability lead to me being medically retired at a 90% disability rating from the VA.
We have since been in a struggle to get over the mounting debts. We were forced to live off of credit cards when our savings evaporated and have struggled to make payments. We fell even further behind helping to deal with the sudden death of my wife’s brother.
To add insult to injury, I recently had my license suspended due to the progression of my disease. The vehicle my family depends on suffered damage to the transmission, an expensive repair which we are ill-equipped to fund.
We , being discharged from Navy, are in desperate need of help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a charity in San Francisco that helps veterans. Including navy members of the service. It is Swords to Plowshares. Read more.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ran_a.html
If you have a 90% disability rating, the government will also of course help too.
TimMac wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:40 pm To whom it may concern,
My name is Ryan. I am a medically discharged disabled vet needing help. I served in the USN for 5 years serving honorably until a series of injuries and the onset of neurological disability lead to me being medically retired at a 90% disability rating from the VA.