Travel and food for stranded young people

State and local government assistance programs.
Hillary
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Travel and food for stranded young people

Post by Hillary »

Hello,
I came across 2 young people today, who came to Seattle for work, but ended up homeless (the man broke his leg and they lost their jobs) and trying to collect money for a bus ticket to travel back home to Charlotte, North Carolina. They are sleeping in a local park and during the day hope somebody aids them - they have a sign about needing bus money; they applied with some travel aid agency, but heard nothing back.
All they need is to end their nightmare is:
- 2 $200 tickets Seattle-Charlotte
- And food money for 3 days of travel (one of them has a chronic illness causing severe diet restrictions, so McDonald is out of the question)
I spent last 2 hours on the internet and came up with NOTHING. I will see them tomorrow, and until they are able to go home.
Thank you for reading and possible advice.
shaf_Mercardo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Travel and food for stranded young people

Post by shaf_Mercardo »

I'm trying to find out information for a young man in between the ages of 19 and 23. He needs assistance with housing, food, and transportation. He is looking for a job. He has no felony charges. He just has no where to stay and has no transportation.
He never drove before, but he has an ID with no drivers license. He's being put out in the street and he needs to go to a shelter but I'm trying to find out as a friend is there any information out there for him to stay and to get on his feet, while looking for a job in the process.