Mom of 2 and divorced

State and local government assistance programs.
Miracle
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Mom of 2 and divorced

Post by Miracle »

It seems like its all good but something always happens. I'm new to the NYC area, mother of 2, almost divorced, and just recently got a car so I can work...now behind on rent just a little and could really use the help. I can give something on my check...or whatever asked. I'm just not sure what to do and I really don't want to lose my place!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mom of 2 and divorced

Post by Admin »

New York City has an extensive listing of social service programs that can help its residents. Rent assistance from Homebase is but one of them. But there are pantries, counseling for divorced people from Catholic Charities, and many other resources. Find help in New York City.
Miracle wrote:It seems like its all good but something always happens. I'm new to the NYC area, mother of 2, almost divorced, and just recently got a car so I can work...now behind on rent just a little and could really use the help. I can give something on my check...or whatever asked. I'm just not sure what to do and I really don't want to lose my place!
Calvin

Re: Mom of 2 and divorced

Post by Calvin »

Hello, I am a divorced, and a mother with a 7 year old daughter with type 1 diabetes, and I have a son too. Fortunately her father provides all of her needs and health expenses. Her father has her 4 days a week, and I once a week and every weekend.
I work as a janitor at Temple Baptist Church, and I live on my own and have to provide all of my living expenses on my own as well as my child the days I do have her. I work on a very low income 32 hours a week and a salary of $280.00 a week.
But I rent an apartment that cost $355.00 a month, car payment $200.00 a month, plus gas to get to and from work $80.00 car insurance a month. I have no money for groceries and struggle paying my power bill with the Cullman power board. I will not be able to pay the upcoming bill, as the divorce wiped up out. Can I please get some help on paying my power bill?
Sincerely,