Food pantry that has vouchers & transportation for disabled

State and local government assistance programs.
MBerger
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Food pantry that has vouchers & transportation for disabled

Post by MBerger »

Hello,
I am disabled with a rare spinal cord disorder. It is a neurological disorder and one of the major symptoms is chronic pain and I suffer with it every day. Some days are better than others but some days it's so bad that I could be bedridden for days at a time.
I currently do not have transportation. I have a couple of friends who transport me to places I need to go, they help clean my apartment and even prepare my meals. A couple that I know started staying overnight because I have been found passed out alone in my apartment several times and I also have trouble breathing. So this couple stayed with me while this was happening.
I receive $25/Month in food stamps and from social security, I receive $1,000/month. I also use pantries. During the time my friends stayed with me, they purchased the majority of the food. When they moved out last week they took ALL the food with them. Every can of food, the, butter, the spices, the condiments, literally everything! They also took the clothing detergent and left me with one roll of toilet paper!
I am in shock over this. I don't have not even $1 to my name currently after paying my bills on Sept. 3. My electric, gas, rent, etc. Meanwhile, I have been having an ongoing dispute with my cell phone service Sprint. Sprint has been over charging me for the last six months and will not resolve the problem. Two months ago I had to pay $350, about 4 days later my account was billed another $200 with a threat of disconnection if I didn’t pay, and about another 2 weeks later approximately another $160 was due! I have to be sure my phone is on because I have Doctor visits I must go to regularly and I call for transportation and my pharmacy calls to notify me when my medications are ready for pick-up. These charges are incorrect and outrageous for a one line package that should only be approximately $85/month. I have had to pay these charges while disputing them which has left me broke!
I have filed a complaint with the FCC and the BBB. So this is the main reason I am in need of assistance with food, toiletries and detergent. I have exhausted a few pantries already and it is difficult to get to the pantries in my health and transportation issues.
I am asking if there is a resource center that could please give me a voucher to a local grocery store such as Smith's please. I ask for a voucher only because I need so many items. I've been making calls and visiting pantries for boxes but most times there is a long wait and it usually takes quite some time during the process. It's difficult for me to be on my feet so long and it's hard to arrange my transportation needs around the schedules of my few friends who help me.
Then there's the gasoline issue. I don’t have any money to give them to drive me to several pantry locations. I am exhausting my friends and feel like such a burden to them. Not that I don't appreciate the boxes I've received, because I am grateful, but I certain important items are not included, for example: I am given spaghetti noodle without sauce or even butter, I don’t get anything that I can actually prepare a meal with. I have bread but no butter, no eggs, nothing. I need and would appreciate a onetime voucher to a grocery store so I can get all the nutritional essentials including condiments like ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc. I need cooking oil, spices, cheese, sugar, everything. It would be a tremendous help to get a voucher so it wouldn’t be so hard getting a ride to only one location and I can get all I need at once in one place and the time spent would be less than what it's been like. It would help with my spinal cord disorder as well.
I can better manage a trip to ONE location, a grocery store, versus a few pantries. It would be easier on my friends who help me and better on gas. It’s no one’s responsibility to drive me around and use their own gas because I don’t have any money to pay them. I can’t remember the last healthy meal I've had and at this point I haven't had anything but granola bars from the pantry for two days! I am so hungry that I feel shaky and nauseated, with a horrible headache from all the stress. Please help me.
Thank you!
Chanelle

Re: Food pantry that has vouchers & transportation for disabled

Post by Chanelle »

Hi,
I have a community food pantry/service center located in Jasper, Fl. We provide supplemental food, baby supplies, personal care products, care for the disabled and laundry aids. We also make referrals to those in need to help facilitate their need when we can't meet it. Unfortunately, our county has few resources, so we often seek outside assistance, specially for transportation. I have several families that are in need of gas vouchers. Could you please provide me with some channels of potential donors for this need? We have been established for 5 years and are a 501c3 agency.
hernandez

Post by hernandez »

Good day, I am a mother of five kids. 4 boys and a girl and its really rough on us for I only do days’ work so an asking you please to help me send them back to school. They do very well in school and are very humble kids some time.
It’s even hard to find food. I love my kids and do my best for them but it’s hard to get a good job so you can give them what they need. So I am begging you. Please help me send the them back to school. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Way too many kids are "food insecure". the home/parent struggle to feed them, and it is about 15% of the population (if we recall correctly). But there is help out there. Try a free food pantry for help. There are many out there for you and your children.
hernandez wrote:It’s even hard to find food. I love my kids and do my best for them but it’s hard to get a good job so you can give them what they need. So I am begging you. Please help me send the them back to school. Thank you.