Need funds to pay for a caregiver

State and local government assistance programs.
Passion
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need funds to pay for a caregiver

Post by Passion »

Hello there,
We live in the state of Maryland and I was just writing because my mom was diagnosed with ALS in December 2014 and she has been going downhill since then. My dad is her primary caregiver and also is working. I see them in such a stressed out situation right now. We were hoping to hire someone to help out. Is there any way to get even a little funding in order to help with paying for someone to help out?
Thank you so much for your time.
cat1

Re: Need funds to pay for a caregiver

Post by cat1 »

Hello, my name is Andrea . I live in Polk County Florida. I'm not sure where to turn for assistance for a caregiver. This ad popped up advertising your email. I'm the Mom of premature twins who are 1 years old, but still have some health issues and I'm not able to work and my kids need a caregiver. My husband is the only one working and we're getting behind on our bills. We just need help for only three months to stay afloat. My stepson is also coming to live with us to finish his senior year, and he has nothing to start his last year. Please if you can help or direct me where to go I'd GREATLY APPRECIATE it.
Thanks for your time
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need funds to pay for a caregiver

Post by Admin »

We do have some information on caregiver assistance programs. They may be paid for using government money (like Medicaid) or state funds. Or there are also respite programs, funds or cash aid, and breaks for caregivers. Here is an example of California caregiver assistance programs.