We are broke

State and local government assistance programs.
Grinder
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

We are broke

Post by Grinder »

Hi I'm a single mom with 4 kids. We were currently just homeless for a month. And doing that we went broke. I need some help paying a couple bills this month that are last due. Please if you could help me. I owe around $700.
So I’m 100.00 dollars short on my rent, I’m looking for any help I may be able to get this is a result of cut hours but that’s all taken care of. My rent and other food bills and health care is due no later than the 5th on every month. I have never had an issue before this paying my rent and have never been broke. If you can help by pointing me in the right direction please and thank you :):
Passenger1

Re: We are broke

Post by Passenger1 »

Flat broke and need help with rent. I lost my job and I just get SSI for my daughter. My car broke down and I try get that fix then had to get another car so I went broke trying to get Christmas and stuff for my kids. I am just trying to get back on track. We just need help this one time. This is my first time, and I just hope I'm doing this right.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you are flat broke then you probably need help with a lot more than that. Here is are main site to try. A list of programs is there.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/index.html
Lutz99

Post by Lutz99 »

Hello,
I am from New Jersey.
My financial issue, fortunately is very simple, unfortunately is very serious. My fiancé just recently started a new job in the hopes of receiving more money, and I am still in the interviewing process with several places, so we are currently still waiting on our first paychecks and are completely flat broke. We were working previously, but lost our jobs and were paying bills with a quarterly stipend he receives, as with our minimum wage jobs we have never been able to cover important expenses. However, our most recent August-October statement was too small, so we could pay August-September, and have absolutely nothing for October, as we had to make $1000 last 3 months after rent was paid. We have been staying afloat by paying our rent as many months in advance as we can, and keeping up with the overdue balance on our cable and electric. However, now that we are behind due to the stipend, these past due balances have turned into shutoff notices. We have until tomorrow to pay our internet, and if we lose that I have no way to correspond with potential employers, I already shut off my cell phone to save money and have been making calls over Wi-Fi. We have until the second of October for our power to be shut off, which may result in an eviction regardless, and we have until the 15th at the latest to pay our rent.
If you’re wondering why it appears we put everything off until the last minute, my fiancé has been in and out of the hospital all month with kidney stones which most recently turned into a kidney infection as of this morning; he’s already missed work at his new job as well, and on most days, is incapacitated. The stress of having to do everything by myself because of this has put me in a depression that I don’t have health insurance to see anyone to help me with, but that’s neither here nor there, and not part of the reason I’m contacting you. My point is simply that I’m working through it the best that I can, but simple things like focusing on a task are harder than they should be.
Here is why I said my issue is serious but simple, in addition to being flat broke. If we can stay afloat until November’s quarterly statement, we will hopefully be able to live comfortably again, but we will at least be guaranteed to be able to pay back any financial assistance we receive. I hope to hear from you very soon, as this is rather urgent, and any advice or guidance you can provide is appreciated more than you could know.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You mention cash and and health insurance? If so, try TANF or Medicaid in New Jersey. They are part of the NJ public assistance programs. There are several that may help you and your finace as he waits for the checks from that new job. You also mentioned saving money...great or you! Working hard and saving....
Lutz99 wrote:Hello,
I am from New Jersey.
My financial issue, fortunately is very simple, unfortunately is very serious. My fiancé just recently started a new job in the hopes of receiving more money, and I am still in the interviewing process with several places, so we are currently still waiting on our first paychecks and are completely flat broke. We were working previously, but lost our jobs and were paying bills with a quarterly stipend he receives, as with our minimum wage jobs we have never been able to cover important expenses. However, our most recent August-October statement was too small, so we could pay August-September, and have absolutely nothing for October, as we had to make $1000 last 3 months after rent was paid. We have been staying afloat by paying our rent as many months in advance as we can, and keeping up with the overdue balance on our cable and electric. However, now that we are behind due to the stipend, these past due balances have turned into shutoff notices. We have until tomorrow to pay our internet, and if we lose that I have no way to correspond with potential employers, I already shut off my cell phone to save money and have been making calls over Wi-Fi. We have until the second of October for our power to be shut off, which may result in an eviction regardless, and we have until the 15th at the latest to pay our rent.
If you’re wondering why it appears we put everything off until the last minute, my fiancé has been in and out of the hospital all month with kidney stones which most recently turned into a kidney infection as of this morning; he’s already missed work at his new job as well, and on most days, is incapacitated. The stress of having to do everything by myself because of this has put me in a depression that I don’t have health insurance to see anyone to help me with, but that’s neither here nor there, and not part of the reason I’m contacting you. My point is simply that I’m working through it the best that I can, but simple things like focusing on a task are harder than they should be.
Here is why I said my issue is serious but simple, in addition to being flat broke. If we can stay afloat until November’s quarterly statement, we will hopefully be able to live comfortably again, but we will at least be guaranteed to be able to pay back any financial assistance we receive. I hope to hear from you very soon, as this is rather urgent, and any advice or guidance you can provide is appreciated more than you could know.
Thank you.
Flavor

Post by Flavor »

I am a 49 year old female that is on Disability and I am having a very hard time getting by the past few months due to unexpected medical expenses, dental expenses and other expenses. I have 2 daughters, and we are in desperate need of assistance in many ways. I have a power bill that is due by April 15, 2019 for $542.04 by 5:00pm or our power will be cut off, my water bill is 2 months past due and is $144.78, my Direct TV bill is past due for $98.45...The only reason I would even ask for funds for a TV, is the fact that I home school one of my daughters and we use the History channel and 4 others for schooling.
I am in desperate need to have someone repair my septic tank, or flush it out, for I have two large wholes in my backyard right next to my deck and sewage has been coming out for several months and it smells horrible and I am afraid that it has gone to long without repair that it might start backing up into our home. I am also very worried about my older model car that is past due by 50,000 miles for a new timing belt, the mechanic stated that he would drive as little as possible because if it breaks it will lock my engine up and it will require a new engine...he stated that he could put a new timing belt on and tune it up for the first time for around $870.
I worked in Banking Management for Compass Bank for 17 years before becoming disabled to the point of not being able to perform my job effectively. As of January 12, 2019 I am completely broke, with my checking account being overdrawn by $284.21 and do not even have gas money to get my daughter to school for the whole week and no money for groceries or medicine.
I have exhausted every resource in my community as well as other nonprofit agencies with no success. Living this way has really effected my 2 daughters and our family relationship as a whole. They both worry constantly about money issues. I just need some kind and caring person or organization to step in a help us get back on our feet. I have worked since the day I turned 16 years old and have always been independent until I began having serious health issues. I have documentation to back up everything that I have stated and am in need of, this is just a half of what I truly need, but I do not want to be greedy, so I am asking for assistance for the highest priorities that cannot go much longer without causing me a great deal more. I thank you for your time and consideration. May God guide your heart to assist me and my family. Sincerely,
Mrs.Frazier

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

I was on LTD disability for cardiac issues, at this time I have been working with Anna Osborne from senators office and All sup that also is helping me get my disability in dire need. I haven't had income in 3 months and I am broke. So I am extremely behind, lights will be cut off Thursday, cable, car insurance, medical, insufficient funds in bank account. I really don't know what to do, and I have had the neighbor and several other telling me there is resources, first time for me.
I have worked 2 to 3 jobs at a time for years, now I'm unable to go to work because main heart condition and many more health problems. I did finally get help with Social Services, they receive people who are broke. I stay at home unless I have appointments. I was supposed to get my pacemaker move to right side of chest, they placed in left side twice already. Thank you for your time. Hopefully you can guide me on what to do. Lights disconnected Thursday. Need EBT and Obama phone. Please can you help a broke person, I don't know what to do. I have no family here also don't really know a lot of people. Transportation is hard on me at this time, this is reason why I have emailed instead of coming to your location.