Abusing drugs and alcohol

State and local government assistance programs.
My_friend
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Abusing drugs and alcohol

Post by My_friend »

Hi. I have recently been thrown out of my home with my 4 children, by my husband who has turned to a major drug and alcohol problem. We are currently at my grandmothers 2 bedroom home, he has taken my vehicle I bought, and has not helped in any way with the children. He doesn't even allow me to the home, which was given to me and my children by my father. He is mean in addition to abusing these drugs, which he is on all the time.
I have tried every resource I can think of for rent help, and keep hitting dead ends. He holds my trailer and truck so I can't sale to get us a starting point. We can't stay at grandma's indefinitely because of the space, I am on my own, other than my sweet grandmother and I don't know what to do. I am scared, and really need some guidance, please, I would be so grateful. Thank you and God bless.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Abusing drugs and alcohol

Post by Admin »

The Salvation Army often has free drug rehab programs. In addition to that, they may offer financial help for paying bills, housing, and other costs. You can find a list of the adult rehab sites at a local county office, and find the Salvation Army programs here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... assis.html

My_friend wrote:Hi. I have recently been thrown out of my home with my 4 children, by my husband who has turned to a major drug and alcohol problem.
Finch

Post by Finch »

Good evening,
 I need help maintaining a place to live for myself and my two children. I left my alcoholic, abusive husband in March 2017. DCF wanted to put my children in foster care. I didn't have a choice. I was laid off in May, and was on unemployment until last week. I started a new job on Wednesday 11/8/19 for full time. I do not currently receive any child support.
In the beginning I was receiving child support weekly then my ex lost his job from his abusing alcohol and some drugs. He spent some time in prison and was back home in the beginning of July. He did get a job and started paying support again however he lost that job in early September. I have not received any support since then. While I was receiving child support I was barely making it without child support DCF was kind enough to pay my rent a few times however my case with them is closing. Like I mentioned I did start a full-time job and am confident that I will be able to slowly fix my budget and be able to pay my own bills. I also did file for divorce and I do know that my ex will eventually have to pay, and he will owe me backpay. If I lose my apartment. I do not have any family support so there is nobody to take them. I have been trying to get rental assistance all summer, but it seems impossible so now I am trying to figure out how I could get eviction protection plan until I can get caught up with my bills. I did contact new opportunities in Meriden and I am waiting for a case manager who deals with abusing alcohol husbands. I called chrysalis in Meriden for domestic violence considering I am victim and I know DCF was hoping that they would be able to help me as well however nothing is happening, and my rent is due, and I don't know what to do. Any advice or if you can lead me to a specific area or place or person that could help I would appreciate it.
Thank You,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Good for you in leaving an abusive situation. There is transitional housing in Delaware. But make sure you are safe first.
There are housing units for children too. Ideally the transitional housing will work out for you and your 2 children and they do not need to go to foster care.
Finch wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:59 am Good evening,
 I need help maintaining a place to live for myself and my two children. I left my alcoholic, abusive husband in March 2017. DCF wanted to put my children in foster care. I didn't have a choice. I was laid off in May, and was on unemployment until last week.