Out of work due to surgery

State and local government assistance programs.
Holly1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Out of work due to surgery

Post by Holly1 »

Hi,
I am looking for resources for a client who lives in Milwaukee city in Wisconsin who needs to have surgery but doesn’t have short term disability coverage while out of work.
She needs help with rent, utilities and paying her medical premiums. The person works full time and has medical insurance but is low income and the sole bread winner. Can you give me some resources please?
Thank you
Cassie_Smith

Re: Out of work due to surgery

Post by Cassie_Smith »

Good afternoon
I am reaching out for someone I know. She is an elderly woman whom is living in her car alone and if I had the funds to help I would but I am trying to find assistance for her. She is out of work due to a surgery, then to make it worse she recently had her money stolen after having surgery. I know many others are struggling however she is someone I have seen try their hardest to gain a permanent home but is constantly being thrown curveballs. Please advise me of any other resources available for work, money or recovery from her surgery
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Out of work due to surgery

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Elderly we would assume is age 60 or over? If so, there are government benefits that will give her free money, including social security, maybe she can apply for disability from the government and more. The point being the elderly and senior can get money for basic needs, and look here for money from the government for seniors.
Cassie_Smith wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:48 am Good afternoon
I am reaching out for someone I know. She is an elderly woman whom is living in her car alone and if I had the funds to help I would but I am trying to find assistance for her. She is out of work due to a surgery,