Furnace Replacement

State and local government assistance programs.
Minchar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Furnace Replacement

Post by Minchar »

Happy Holidays to All!!! My old furnace has completely died...shortly before winter. As the Furnace repairperson told me, It is not repairable. I reside in Wayne County of Detroit, MI and seek any assistance or resource for a furnace replacement. The economical cost of a new furnace is $2,500 which I do not have. I do work, and could add monies toward the furnace. I have a teenager, and really need assistance. It is getting quite cold at night, and space heaters are limited.

Thank you for reading this and any gracious assistance I can receive.

"Minchar"
Mincharbrooks@yahoo.com
helper

Re: Furnace Replacement

Post by helper »

Try the Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency. They offer a weatherization program that may provide you with either a new furnace, or they may be able to help you replace you existing furnace. This link has info on the services they offer, as well as he contact information.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogra1.html
SamanthaA
anti spam: Blue

Post by SamanthaA »

I am now 2 months behind in my rent, about to face eviction with three young children. I also have a past due light bill, and best yet our furnace just broke.
My husband and I have been able to make ends meet until two months ago. Do you help with past due rent and past
due light bills in Central IL?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, light bill programs may be offered from programs in Illinois such as LIHEAP. As far as furnace repairs, those may be covered too. Or look into weatherization as another option, as that can be very beneficial, and the main non-profit to try is the central Illinois community action agency.
Trey

Post by Trey »

To Whom it may concern:
I work with Ireland Home Based Services and am working with a family in Winslow, IN. They are in need of a new furnace replacement. The Department of Child Services say they cannot use the space heaters they are using. The family does have an autistic child and two school age children and the father works. But they are unable to pay for a new furnace replacement program. Are you able to help in any way or can you lead me to other sources who can help? They possibly can pay a partial amount of the new furnace.
Thanks for everything you do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why did children services say you can't use the space heaters? Due to safety reasons? If so, then maybe children services has other referrals for you. Such as a furnace repair program from LIHEAP? Or weatherization? Either way, try public assistance in Indiana near you.
Trey wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:21 am To Whom it may concern:
I work with Ireland Home Based Services and am working with a family in Winslow, IN. They are in need of a new furnace replacement. The Department of Child Services say they cannot use the space heaters they are using.
JohnNumber12

Post by JohnNumber12 »

I am writing on behalf of my parents to obtain information regarding assistance with furnace replacement.
Earlier this month my mother and daughter were home when the house started filling with smoke. They evacuated and called 911. The source of the smoke was the furnace motor.
My parents contacted homeowners insurance and there isn't anything that can be done because there are not maintenance records for the furnace to prove proper upkeep.
My father received a quote of $8,900 for a replacement furnace. Both of my parents do not have credit for financing.
They are located in Anne Arundel county and living in Annapolis, Maryland, so they need a furnace in that cold state.
Thank you for all you do,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

since your parents are low income, and in a cold weather state, there are furnace repair programs for low income families.
But your parents would need to apply. They are usually offered at community action agencies.
JohnNumber12 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:55 am I am writing on behalf of my parents to obtain information regarding assistance with furnace replacement.