Disabled moving to another state and need transportation

State and local government assistance programs.
Pink
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabled moving to another state and need transportation

Post by Pink »

will be moving to West Virginia in February and do not drive and am disabled so I need to know if there are free or
affordable transportation provided for disabled people and if so who do I contact? I am able to walk and communicate on
my own with out assistance.
I am also 46 years old. I have been on social security since 1993. Also here in CT I receive
SSI, SSDI, medicare, Medicaid, food stamps and cash assistance I am alone with no husband or dependents. Will I still qualify
for these programs there?
sasolis

Re: Disabled moving to another state and need transportation

Post by sasolis »

Call the state offices before moving and see what you qualify for, they can tell you. Also you can't really move if you don't drive so you need to make sure you plan this out. Call 211 for local resources and your local Dept Human Services can tell you if any transportation is available.
Latricia

Re: Disabled moving to another state and need transportation

Post by Latricia »

Hi,
I'm disabled and living on a fixed income. I'm 60 years of age. As of 2 months ago I became homeless. It was out of my control. I've tried to fix the problem, but can't I need help. I want to move however I don't have money to pay a moving company. I need money for an apartment also. This is the first time I've ever been in the situation. I'm asking if someone can please help me.