Looking for a source of free or low cost food

State and local government assistance programs.
Sejkora
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Looking for a source of free or low cost food

Post by Sejkora »

I am a divorced single mother of one child. I am supposed to receive child support but my ex husband refuses to pay and
I have turned the case over to DHR and it is taking a long time to get the case in court. I have health issues
(multiple sclerosis) and my medical costs are high (multiple doctors visits monthly and medications) some of which I
have to cancel and not take because I cannot afford them because I have to chose between the medication or buying food
to feed me and my daughter.
I do work but pay is decreasing on my job due to being paid on production and work is
decreasing. I do not qualify for food stamps or any type of assistance. I received food bank only once and that is the
limit. Once I pay the utilities, there is not much left for food. If I can receive any type of assistance with food
costs, I would greatly appreciate it. Once DHR can get child support into court and I can start receiving that plus the
arrearage I am owed, that would solve the issues I am currently experiencing.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Looking for a source of free or low cost food

Post by Admin »

Sejkora wrote:I do not qualify for food stamps or any type of assistance. I received food bank only once and that is the
limit. Once I pay the utilities, there is not much left for food. If I can receive any type of assistance with food
costs

As you noted, you just need some food that is less expensive. A pantry can only do so much, so you still need to budget that income you have to feed your family. There are discount services, coupons, food box type delivery programs, and many other options. Locate places to turn to for discounted food and cheap groceries.