Victim of bank fraud/scam

State and local government assistance programs.
Cruz15
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Victim of bank fraud/scam

Post by Cruz15 »

Hi, I was a medic in the Marine Corps. I am currently a full time student at the community college of Blairsville, PA. I have been a student for just 3 months now and normally I'm good about getting my bills paid. Last month I fell victim to a scam and my bank locked my account and I owe them almost $2000. They are working with me for that but in turn it made me fall behind with all my normal bills for the month. I now fell behind on my rent, car insurance, bike insurance, cable bill, and my truck payment. All this is a total of $2600.00. Is there any way that you could help me or if you know anyone that can help me. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Victim of bank fraud/scam

Post by Admin »

If you are medical in the Marines, you should definitely qualify for a free legal consultation to go over the fraud claim. They can hopefully help you get your money back...hopefully almost all $2000. Also ask the attorney for advice on the financial aid you need too...as often they have partnerships with local agencies.
Cruz15 wrote:Hi, I was a medic in the Marine Corps. I am currently a full time student at the community college of Blairsville, PA. I have been a student for just 3 months now and normally I'm good about getting my bills paid. Last month I fell victim to a scam and my bank locked my account and I owe them almost $2000. They are working with me for that but in turn it made me fall behind with all my normal bills for the month. I now fell behind on my rent, car insurance, bike insurance, cable bill, and my truck payment. All this is a total of $2600.00. Is there any way that you could help me or if you know anyone that can help me. Thank you for your time.
Emilie

Post by Emilie »

I GOT PAID ON THE 24 OF THIS MONTH AND WENT TO THE BANK TO GET SOME AFTER WORK AND ALL OF IT WAS GONE. MY WIFE WRITE A LOT OF CHECKS WITHOUT ME KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT IT AND COMMITTED BANK FRAUD. I DO NOT WANT TO PRESS CHARGES BECAUSE SHE IS MY WIFE, BUT NOW RENT IS DUE. LIGHT BILL IS DUE AND ALSO MY CAR NOTE IS DUE. I AM ABOUT TO LOSE EVERYTHING EVEN MY JOB BECAUSE OF THE SCAM. I DO NOT HAVE THE GAS MONEY TO GET TO WORK NEXT WEEK. PLEASE IF YOU CAN I AM BEGGING FOR HELP.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What did the bank say? As if your wife used your account, and the bank did not stop it, there is some responsibility from them as well. Or look into scams and other legal rights. Read more on stopping scams of senior citizens.
Emilie wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:05 pm I GOT PAID ON THE 24 OF THIS MONTH AND WENT TO THE BANK TO GET SOME AFTER WORK AND ALL OF IT WAS GONE. MY WIFE WRITE A LOT OF CHECKS WITHOUT ME KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT IT AND COMMITTED BANK FRAUD. I DO NOT WANT TO PRESS CHARGES BECAUSE SHE IS MY WIFE, BUT NOW RENT IS DUE. LIGHT BILL IS DUE AND ALSO MY CAR NOTE IS DUE. I AM ABOUT TO LOSE EVERYTHING EVEN MY JOB BECAUSE OF THE SCAM. I DO NOT HAVE THE GAS MONEY TO GET TO WORK NEXT WEEK. PLEASE IF YOU CAN I AM BEGGING FOR HELP.
Josh Brown

Post by Josh Brown »

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Michelle and I have just faced a case of bank fraud. I am writing to discuss a matter of urgency that has recently affected my financial stability. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I find myself in a challenging financial situation from the bank scam that has compromised my ability to secure housing.
I am reaching out to request emergency rental assistance for the first month's rent, allowing me to move into an apartment by 3/18/24. This assistance is crucial for me to avoid the risk of homelessness and secure a stable living situation.
I have maintained a stable financial record and have always met my financial obligations on time. However, due to a financial hardship caused by a scam/fraudulent charges, my bank took all my funds including rent we are now caught up but left with very little funds, which has placed me in a position where I am unable to cover the initial costs associated with securing an apartment. We are required to pay firsts months rent on 3/18/24 to move in and are unable to pay that until my paycheck which falls on 3/23. IF you want help please contact me back to discuss options or we will be without shelter. Looking forward to speaking with you