Christmas help

State and local government assistance programs.
Nurse7174
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Christmas help

Post by Nurse7174 »

I have never asked for help before so I'm not sure where to start looking. This Christmas I need assistance with providing my kids with presents. I have 5 children. Ages 15 13, 13, 4 and 2.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Christmas help

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately it is probably too late to receive help. Christmas is less than 4 business days away. Most require applications from October through very early December. But we have information on many Christmas toy programs, meal sites, etc.
Here are various holiday programs by state, county etc. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

Clothing closets may offer items. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... osets.html
VanderPumper

Post by VanderPumper »

We need help with Christmas, help with rent, and living expenses. I currently have been in eviction court since July, just barely getting payments in. We have already cut off cell phones, cable, land-line phone, have cut 1/3 in electric bill, our vehicles are not up to date so I walk to save on gas also. I've lost weight and just use a string to hold up pants, bras don't fit right. I hope that things will look up for Christmas for my 4 great kids who could all use new shoes and hopefully presents. Myself & husband take any and all work offered although its barely making ends meet.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Umm....if you have no phone, no electricity, etc. then Christmas should be the last of your concerns. Get your life in order first. Make something at home for your kids and do not deceive them into thinking you have more than you really do. Be honest and tell them of your struggles. Bake food, sing a Christmas carol, etc. For more suggestions, here is a resource for you. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

VanderPumper wrote:We need help with Christmas, help with rent, and living expenses. I currently have been in eviction court since July, just barely getting payments in. We have already cut off cell phones, cable, land-line phone, have cut 1/3 in electric bill, I hope that things will look up for Christmas for my 4 great kids who could all use new shoes and hopefully presents.
GogoJill

Post by GogoJill »

I have tried to get a hold of people and can't. I'm a single mom of two. Christmas is this month and my bills are about $400 or more so I'm not going to be able to afford much of a Christmas. So I was wandering who could get a hold of me or who I can get a hold of for help with Christmas?
I live in Cambridge OH.
Kenmac

Post by Kenmac »

Hi, well I have 6 kids but one is and adult but I am a grandma of a 5 year old and a 1-year old. Well I am not working right now and my situation is not very good. I haven’t pay my rent 4 two month I was in a car accident 3 month ago and financially I am having so many problems.
This year my kids went back to school with the old clothes from last year. I didn’t buy no school supplies and no uniform. But my kids are so noble that they understand and they know that someone will give me a hand this year. I really need help for thanksgiving dinner and especially for Christmas.
Is hard for me even to afford to get them all something. My kids are no picky or want fancy clothes or shoes. I will like a hand this year. For, he is 15, he goes to Compton high. On Compton CA. The girl is 11 she is my A+ student.
She had 7 award and a gold award from the president Obama. She is the one that try to help out of anything we all need. The other kid is 9, and he improve and some classes and got 4 awards. They both go to Markeepel elementary at paramount CA. The last is 6 year old.
This is my reason why I am asking for help because they are kids and they don’t need all this stress. They are so humble that need a hand for my kids. God bless and a mother with honestly.
Magic

Post by Magic »

Hello,
Happy Thanksgiving. I need Christmas help with a tree and gifts. I am anxiously looking everywhere online and have been for the last month. I have not had any responses or luck. I am currently sitting home not celebrating Thanksgiving this year because of financial hardship. My four-year-old son will be going to school Monday and listening to all of his friends share their Thanksgiving stories, and he will have no memories to share. I feel like a failure.
My husband has not been able to work as much due to Coronavirus, and I am a college student. I am trying to create a better life for us and Christmas help would assist. I cannot let him miss out on Christmas as well. Please let me know where I can sign up. I tried contacting both food banks here in Torrington, CT.
I was told by one that I had to be there for six months before signing up for the holiday help because people sign up just for the holidays. (Which makes no sense because peoples situations change).
The last one I called asked for copies of all of our social security cards and birth certificates. I had no problem showing them, but they wanted to keep it there. I do not trust that anyone can break into a food bank. I hope you enjoy your holiday and I hope to hear from you soon!