Starting a new life

State and local government assistance programs.
Banana
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Starting a new life

Post by Banana »

We sold our land in Kansas to buy and RV after doing research that showed Casper had exceptional facilities to help my husbands health. We wanted to start fresh, a new life at a new place. We loaded up all our stuff into the RV, trailer and truck and left for Wyoming. The RV, pulling the car hit a bump near the Nebraska - Kansas border and the battery straps broke and they feel over. The dash caught on fire and then the whole front end. We lost our little safe with our money and prescriptions and a few other things. We loaded what we could out of it into the car, truck and trailer then kept on going. We couldn't go back because there wasn't anything to go back to.
Then In York Nebraska two tires blew on the trailer, and no one in york had tires to fit it so we had to leave everything we owned in a storage spot. We made it to Casper and rented a motel room for a week and my disabled husband and I went out and both got jobs. He starts Tuesday at Walmart east and Walmart west offered me a management position starting next week. I also will be taking another full time job at IHop. My husband went to the temp service and has worked two days to rent this room for one night. We have to be out tomorrow.
Lifesteps said they could put us up in another motel for two day but after that we are on our own. I have a 6 year, 12 year, 14 year kid to worry about, so not just me. I’ve called every church and no one calls me back. I'm not looking for a hand out just a hand up. Some one has to understand that. We both have jobs and want to succeed. Please help me. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Starting a new life

Post by Admin »

Anyone starting a new life probably has a number of needs. We can imagine you need financial help of course, but probably need other stuff as well for a soon to be new home. You probably need furniture, clothing, kitchen supplies, appliances, a bed, and much more. And if you have zero money, a thrift store may be out of your budget. But a number of charities may have items for you as you set up that RV in a new destination. Click here free stuff.
MeganT

Post by MeganT »

I became unemployed in July and I moved to my Mom's that didn't work out. I am in the process of getting a job hopefully next week and trying to start a new....really a whole new life. I been working temp and collecting when I can although they stopped it because I have been working temp and they FL Unemployment can't get it together.
Anyway I have $872 that I need to pay for the last month of where I moved out from in order to be able to get an apartment. I have been staying at extended stays and family whenever I can. It is myself and 22 year old son who also does not have a job. Can you help us?
Sincerely,
God Bless!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are moving, starting a new life, and recovering after your mom's death then you probably have a lot of needs. So use the main site. Click here.
It provides every single resource we have. Tons of information is there for bills, moving costs, and much more.