Assistance for former addict with kids

State and local government assistance programs.
Candy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Assistance for former addict with kids

Post by Candy »

Hi I hope I'm headed in the right direction with my ongoing mess. I'm a single mom of 4 kids, age 21, 19, 7, and 3 which and due to my making a decision in my life of leaving my husband of 17 years because of I was an addict and he was a drinker. Unfortunately he had a place to go live with the kids and I didn't so the kids are safe and reside with him and his parents and he has to stop drinking.
Now me on the other hand, I went on to stay with friends. Well there are other users here and there and to end up homeless and living on the streets off and on for the pass year. I'm currently not using and it’s still a battle everyday. No kids, no drugs or drinks to comfort me in my mess. But I'm alive.
I currently and have been seeing a MHMR Doctor and Substance Abuse Doctor for the past 5 years and I take medications everyday. Can you please tell me if I qualify for the program you have threw MHMR? My doctor has never mentioned it to me and he is well aware of my bad decision making that played a role in my mess. If I do please contact me. Thanks and God Bless Us All.
Wrangler

Re: Assistance for former addict with kids

Post by Wrangler »

I am here in Iowa city due to a medical condition from my addiction. I take treatments at a UI hospital and my kids and I are living in a hotel that the hospital is paying for. I have to be out of the hotel on July 15th and We have nowhere to go.
I am trying to keep my kids off the streets. I have been trying to find help getting a place to stay so that my kids can focus on the coming school year so that my oldest can come home and we can be a whole family again.
Gambino

Re: Assistance for former addict with kids

Post by Gambino »

To whom it may concern:
Where to start....September of 205 I got full custody or both my children, then aged 7 and 14. My then 14 year old daughter was sexually molested by her birth father whom both my kids lived with being I, mom, was homeless dealing with addiction and domestic battery in my relationships.
Nowhere to go being both my parents also dealing with addiction I slept in my mom's car with her and her boyfriend and 4 dogs. Now 2 years later my father a year ago killed by a semi-truck not stopping at red light signal, was my only help between financial aid looking for any housing bouncing place to place moved kids 5 schools...I'm enrolled in school sons achieving in 4th grade 16 year old daughter not gone to school in months still I haven't got counseling.
I'm just hired at my job but housing still day to day. Being my background American white no help has gone in for housing. I STILL STRUGGLE DAILY WITH ADDICTION BUT AM DOING WELL. I need help with housing, clothes and most important caring advice and some direction. Please direct me in a direction to help turn my kids life in positive way, I fear it has gotten worse and sometime think maybe they were in a better place...Help me.