Can hospice patient get funeral help

State and local government assistance programs.
Amy Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Can hospice patient get funeral help

Post by Amy Smith »

Hello, my father who lives in Maryland. He is in a Hospice and does not have much time left. His source of income is SSDI. I wanted to know if the Funeral Consumers Alliance or any agency help me find the number to a Maryland or Washington DC funeral home that does not charge more than $2,500 for funeral cost. I want him to be eligible for Maryland State Burial Assistance Program.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can hospice patient get funeral help

Post by Admin »

You will need to call the Alliance to apply. In general, most states or counties offer funeral assistance to the indigent. It is more income based vs. rather they live in hospice or not. So that should not be a deciding factor. But call and them them, as there are agencies in Maryland too.
Amy Smith wrote:Hello, my father who lives in Maryland. He is in a Hospice and does not have much time left. His source of income is SSDI. I wanted to know if the Funeral Consumers Alliance or any agency help me find the number to a Maryland or Washington DC funeral home that does not charge more than $2,500 for funeral cost. I want him to be eligible for Maryland State Burial Assistance Program.
Johnsonss

Post by Johnsonss »

Hello, my name is Tiffany. I live in Charleston, WV.
I'm needing help paying the funeral home for my mother in law's cremation when she came from hospice, which I learned thewy do not help pay for funeral. Sadly she passed away on March 8th, 2023. Her son (my fiance), and myself put our lives on hold back in September of 2022 when she finally got out of the hospital and came home. He was getting paid to take care of her, and now we have no income and we owe the funeral home almost $1900.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The government will often help people pay for funeral, in a public or other lot. There are options in Charleston WV. Not only that, but maybe a charity will help. Look here for financial help in Charleston WV.
Olivia123

Post by Olivia123 »

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am reaching out to you because I was referred to your program by an Advocate. My mom is on hospice and the money I have received has all been for her medical bills and services and she will need a funeral soon, which I have no money for. It has been a rough two months for me, and I became behind on our rent two months ago. I received an eviction court date from the sheriff, and right now I don't know where I will be able to take my mother until her final resting place, so I say all of this to ask if your program can assist in any way with the funeral, and if so, I would be most grateful.